Was checkin out the website. I am interested in the 2x12s, but I dunno where to start.

Greenbacks sound awesome, so I was leaning towards one of those, but I was wanting a mixed pair

I have an Egnater Rebel 20 and Marshall JVM 50 watt combo I'll be using it with.

The Celestion Blues intrigue me.

The Marshall has a Celestion Vintage and Heritage, the Egnater cab has a Classic Lead 80 so I was wanting to steer away from those.

Anybody have any recommendations for somebody that like playing rock and roll, from a more classic rock sound to stuff about as heavy as Tool. Just basically looking for a pair of great rock and roll speakers.
Celestion V30 or if you want something with better low end, Celestion G12T75s
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
I was checkin out the Celestion Blue/G12h loaded 2x12. I was thinkin I could get a sorta Marshall-y/ac30ish kinda effect. Dean Deleo of STP used to do something similar, running Vox amp into greenback loaded cabs.

I'll probably be using it with the Egnater more, but I am pretty confident it would sound absolutely amazing paired with just about any amp.

Am I way off base here? I read about them on the Celestion website and looked at their specs and all that stuff, and they seem like they would compliment each other very well.
Quote by MAYNARD
I was checkin out the Celestion Blue/G12h loaded 2x12. I was thinkin I could get a sorta Marshall-y/ac30ish kinda effect. Dean Deleo of STP used to do something similar, running Vox amp into greenback loaded cabs.

I'll probably be using it with the Egnater more, but I am pretty confident it would sound absolutely amazing paired with just about any amp.

Am I way off base here? I read about them on the Celestion website and looked at their specs and all that stuff, and they seem like they would compliment each other very well.

the max wattage would be 30watts... so you could use it for the egnater, but not so much the marshall.

i think a greenback/g12h would be cool. pretty vintagey i'm thinking.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Greenbacks have a bit of a high end grind, kind of a loose bass, are not particularly efficient and break up early. Great for classic rock (but probably not for Tool... Idk how you consider them classic rock), plus I would not feel safe putting a 50 watt Marshall through two Greenbacks myself, much less two Celestion blues.

If you want the alnico tone of a blue, look at the Celestion alnico golds.

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20638&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=400134c5cffc61d816a87383af9777d9

There is a thread to another forum where Jim from Southbay Ampworks posts clips of his Scumback speakers (which are badass by the way... if you have the cash), but the M75 is a Celestion greenback clone and the Scumnico is a clone of the old Vox Silver alnico speaker. (scroll down for the clips)
Last edited by al112987 at Feb 9, 2009,
That was just a range, which is to say, I play with mostly classic rock or similarly toned stuff along with Tool. They are really the only heavy-ish band I play, and Adam Jones doesnt use a ridiculous amount of gain.

My Marshall is a 50 watt combo, shouldn't it be fine with the Blue, since it will be one of 4 speakers
Quote by Skierinanutshel
mix a V30 with a G12H30

edit: this is for the egnator.

+1. That's how my 4x12 is split. Half and Half with those two speaks. It's a great combination.