I'm not that great with Midi files and such with drum programing. I usually do drum tracks with Guitar Pro and then export it as a Midi file and there I have it.

But I wonder if there is someway to EQ the sound on the drums? Mix or something else to get different sound. I open DFH as a Soft Synth in Sonar and that's all I know. Getting tired of having the same drum sound
Eat shit or die tryin'

Gibson Explorer
LTD M-400
Yes you have to multi track the drums by going into the DFH mixer and clicking where it says track 1 and choosing multi channel. Make sure when you import them it is a multi channel input not mono or stereo. Then you can add effects.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Hmm, having a look on it now but where is the effects? What do I use?
Eat shit or die tryin'

Gibson Explorer
LTD M-400
Well you might want to add compression or reverb stuff like that. I do not use Sonar but I would look for something under inserts or plugins. Use the Help icon in Sonar to find it.
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by wajna
I'm not that great with Midi files and such with drum programing. I usually do drum tracks with Guitar Pro and then export it as a Midi file and there I have it.

But I wonder if there is someway to EQ the sound on the drums? Mix or something else to get different sound. I open DFH as a Soft Synth in Sonar and that's all I know. Getting tired of having the same drum sound

MIDI is simply controlling data. If fed into a proper drum sampler, (Such as Sonar's Session Drummer 2, or Toontrack's Superior Drummer...) you will be able to setup each drum with different compression, eq, and other effects.
Quote by Led man32
Well you might want to add compression or reverb stuff like that. I do not use Sonar but I would look for something under inserts or plugins. Use the Help icon in Sonar to find it.

Can't seem to find these plugins in the Midi track. Is there a Midi plugin you can get somewhere?
Eat shit or die tryin'

Gibson Explorer
LTD M-400
Quote by wajna
Can't seem to find these plugins in the Midi track. Is there a Midi plugin you can get somewhere?

I havent used sonar but in Protools and cubase you should rout each seperate drum to seperate mono audio mixer strip then you will be able to apply effects to each drum sound seperatly. Alternatively you can route the stereo output of ezdrummer to a stereo audio mixer strip and effect the full drum mix.
Quote by Spaceman3
I havent used sonar but in Protools and cubase you should rout each seperate drum to seperate mono audio mixer strip then you will be able to apply effects to each drum sound seperatly. Alternatively you can route the stereo output of ezdrummer to a stereo audio mixer strip and effect the full drum mix.

I have finally found out how to fix the plugins for drums. But the problem is that it's on Audio track and it doesn't play the track because it's a Midi of course. So how do I do that?
Eat shit or die tryin'

Gibson Explorer
LTD M-400
Quote by wajna
I have finally found out how to fix the plugins for drums. But the problem is that it's on Audio track and it doesn't play the track because it's a Midi of course. So how do I do that?

You have to make sure it is not an audio track but a software instrument track.
Finally got this now. Thanks for the help guys!
Eat shit or die tryin'

Gibson Explorer
LTD M-400
Last edited by wajna at Feb 10, 2009,