Usually when i want to go up a key when strumming i use a capo, well i lost it recently and decided to just tune up. The strangest thing happened. Now i usually use pretty heavy strings anyway, but after i tuned up a full tone my guitar became so much easier to play and the sound coming out of it is so much clearer and sharper. Bendin, trilling,pull off, hammer ons, everything sounds better. It sounds and feels like a different and better guitar. Have i found something with the natural harmonics of the thing ( A yamaha apx 700 ) or has anyone else found this?Although this doesn't explain the ease i'm able to slide and reach chords easier without humming and dead strings etc.

Please tell me if this is a common thing, cos from now on i'm tuning to F#
Maybe it's just because it's new to you and the feel is different. If it is the string tension, then heavier strings might do the same in standard tuning.
I think you're right! It would explain why guitars sound so cool with thick strings in standard.
be carefull you don't mess up your neck though, might get warped due to too much string tension.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
maybe the strings off ur bridge were too low, and the higher tension fixed it.

Who knows. I don't see how bending could have become easier unless the lower gauged strings are wore in.

I personally think lower tuning makes the tone sound cleaner and fuller, especially on electric guitars.
Quote by cleptobismal
maybe the strings off ur bridge were too low, and the higher tension fixed it.

Who knows. I don't see how bending could have become easier unless the lower gauged strings are wore in.

I personally think lower tuning makes the tone sound cleaner and fuller, especially on electric guitars.

He said bending sounds better. I had to reread that as well. There's no way that it would make bending easier.
when i bend on normal tuning, it just sounds awfull and my fingers slip under the strings, i can't explain it, it just feels better. Of course there's more tension in the bend, but it just feels right.
Quote by digital_smurf
when i bend on normal tuning, it just sounds awfull and my fingers slip under the strings

That sounds like a technique problem.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by digital_smurf
when i bend on normal tuning, it just sounds awfull and my fingers slip under the strings, i can't explain it, it just feels better. Of course there's more tension in the bend, but it just feels right.

The fingers slipping under the strings thing - you mean the adjacent strings, right? Not the one you are bending? If the adjacent strings, your action could be too high.