your all ****ing stupid!!!!!! she amazing in every way shape and form. her and light speed need to make beautiful musical babies!!!! i could love this girl forever, canopies and grapes and even the cover of where is my mind. boy howdy how i love this kid
p.s. i kinda love and loathe you at the same time for making this thread
Quote by Ebshabutiee
loathe me? haha
I said I love her
And her new cd is amazing.

yeah i know. its nothing to be expressed.
Try Laura Marling, If you like Emmy the Great you'll love Laura Marling, in my opinion I'd say she's the better musician of the two, but that might just be my preference for her more world-wise lyrics, because to me Emmy the Great's are all very warm no matter what the subject matter is.
Quote by Notmewtwoguitar
Try Laura Marling, If you like Emmy the Great you'll love Laura Marling, in my opinion I'd say she's the better musician of the two, but that might just be my preference for her more world-wise lyrics, because to me Emmy the Great's are all very warm no matter what the subject matter is.

I second this, Laura Marling's album 'Alas I Cannot Swim' is very very good.

Emmy the Great is odd though. Her song 'M.I.A' contains the lines

i always liked this singer
i remember how you were the one who told me that her name
was either mia
or m.i.a.

I don't know why I find that funny but maybe it's just the fact it's in the middle of a kind of love song.

I'd also recommend Florence and the Machine. Specifically 'Dog Days Are Over' and a collaboration with Kid Harpoon called 'Going Down'
Last edited by teenage riot at Feb 18, 2009,
i havent been able to listen to emmy in a while(ipod got stolen) oh how i love her