Right, bear with me with this
I wanna first off, swap the bridge on my Explorer Futura, it's a Floyd Rose and I'm looking for a way to get rid of the trem' bridge as I don't use it and it's a complete pain in the arse to set up, what kinda thing would I be looking at to fill the space the FR has left?

Then after that I wanna swap out the EMG's for some passive p/ups not sure what yet maybe BKP as I've heard good things about them. I imagine there is something that makes this not as simple as just taking out and putting in so will I have to change anything else?

Thanks for the help
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

is your trem recessed? i don't think it is, and if it's not the easiest thing to do is to probably just screw the trem tight to the top of the guitar's body and remove the bar... EDIT: you'll probably have to change the tone and volume pots. not too sure if anything more needs to be done, to be honest, i've never messed with EMGs myself.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
With your amp, the changing of pickups wont make much difference.
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
The swap from EMG's to passives means a little rewiring (of course) and switching the pots out. EMG uses 10k pots, you'll need 250k or 500k pots (250k is smoother, 500k is brighter and tend to have more volume from what I've read, haven't tested myself).

You're best bet with your bridge is to block it off. Do a search on how to do this.
Quote by Dust_to_Dust
With your amp, the changing of pickups wont make much difference.

While it might not make a massive difference it will make a difference will it not?
Then when I am in a situation to need/afford a better amp I will have a guitar that sounds good straight off the mark with that amp. I'm working to my current situation to improve my tone.

Quote by _Sanitarium_

You're best bet with your bridge is to block it off. Do a search on how to do this.

I might be able to get an Ibanez Fixed Edge bridge for free, would that be better or just the same as blocking it really?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Last edited by SimplyBen at Feb 9, 2009,
Why did you brought the guitar in the first palce? I mean there is a fixed bridge Futura.

Edit: Since the Futura has a flush mounted OFR tou can just set the pivots that hold the trem so that the OFR is ling flat on the body of the guitar and tighten the springs in the back so that the strings won't get pulled forward and your done with that.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Last edited by helsinki_vampir at Feb 9, 2009,