hey guys this talk is for u too post the pros and cons of di marzio super distortion pickups and seymour duncan alnico pro 2 pickups.
i want to know about this 2 'cause i play Rock n roll and want to find out all the pros and cons of each cause i heard both were good rock n roll pickups
I can't speak for the DiMarzio since it's not a brand I have much experience with.

However as far as SD Alnico II Pros go... stay well away from them. The point of them is that they are as basic, no-thrills, bland equal tone and low-output as you can possibly get in a humbucker. The point of this is it means they don't increase or decrease the natural bass, mid and treble balance of your instrument and your amp. This means if you have a really great, professional-quality guitar and a really nice big ol' stack tube amp(s), and you're not using pedals, then Alnico II Pros are fantastic. However if any single part of your rig is not fully professional quality, then Alnico II Pros will make any flaws you have even more obvious, so overall they make your sound worse.

Really they're kind of like a passive equivalent of active pickups in that way; if you have truly top-quality gear and you really know what you're doing, they will sound incredible. If any single part isn't 100% the best part available though or if you just plain don't know how to set it all up properly, they will sound terrible instead.

And generally if you even have to ask about them, that alone shows you don't know enough to get the best out of them. So, stay away from them. Try something like a '59, Pearly Gates or Jazz model SD pickup instead.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I STRONGLY DISAGREE!!!

As a user of Seymore Duncan Alnico 2 pro's for 6 years I can say that they sound great on any amp even a piece of crap Peavy solid state pa amp I was using at a bar for a clean solo set, and even more fantastic on my 1966 Fender Bandmaster tube amp and any Marshall Tube amp. I've been playing for close 8 years and using Seymores for 6 years and they are my favorite pick up.

Seymores aren't going to cover up your playing they are going to keep intact your natural playing charater and the rhythm channel is very juicy and the treble is very clear and punchy unlike most pickups which sound stale Seymores are deffinitly a good all around pick up.

If you play Rock N Roll then Seymores hands down. Seymores are closely related to the stock Gibson Pickups on the Les Pauls but better in my opinion than the stock Les Pauls. Those pickups are what made most of the 70s and 80s Rock N Roll tones.

The Seymores will do great in 50s-60 throw back tones as well. Think Scotty Moore.
2 Jay Turser JT-220 Les Paul Copys W/ Seymore Duncan Alnico 2 Pro pick ups.
2008 Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 100 Watt tube amp
1966 Fender Bandmaster Tube amp with 2 2x12 cabs
Effects- Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss GE-7 EQ, Boss RV-3 Reverb/Delay
Last edited by SlashWannabe1 at Feb 9, 2009,
thank you for both of your responses now i want to hear some stuff about the dimarzio super dist so i can learn from both of them and decide what to do thanks.
I have had some experience with the DiMarzio Super Distortion, and I think it's a really great pickup. Im pretty sure Paul Gilbert used to use them in a few of his guitars, along with tonezones and the PAF Pro. I found they were a great pickup for Hard Rock starting at the late 70s with stuff such as Van Halen and on through the 80's. Earlier rock they were pretty damn good as well. Highly recomend them, DiMarzio is a fantastic company.

No experience with that specific SD pickup though.
Dimarzio:
1] amazing pup for 80s rock
2] up until this time used by all great musicians from rhoads to gilbert
3] are incredibly universal as can be adapted to Heavy Metal and ive seen them be adapted to Jazz (dont ask me how)
4]Very reliable if fitted properly
5] Everyone i know who has them in their guitars would never swap them out.
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by Cirorock21
hey guys this talk is for u too post the pros and cons of di marzio super distortion pickups and seymour duncan alnico pro 2 pickups.
i want to know about this 2 'cause i play Rock n roll and want to find out all the pros and cons of each cause i heard both were good rock n roll pickups

You've randomly picked two completely different pickups - they're so different it's pointless to even compare them.

What guitar do you have, what amp do you have, what's wrong with your tone now and how do you want it to change?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i wanted to know the pros and cons of each pickup off course they are different so i heard from each of the guitarist that used them and from their personal experience with the pickups so i can see and decide what to do. i have a les paul marshal amp mg 30, i want to make my tone to rock n roll
*sits and waits for ppl to tear the mg apart*

edit[dang was too late]
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Cirorock21
marshal amp mg 30
Oh. Whelp....

We really need to get a big post at the top of the forum that details basic dos/don'ts and common problems that's mandatory to read before you can make threads or any posts. Then every Spider/MG/Edge III owner wouldn't have to make a new thread.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
well as they pups are passives it will improve your tone even through an SS amp but then a better amp will help alot more
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs