You have to pick either jazz or classical i picked jazz
but i really want to wow the judges.
and have never listened to jazz in my life any suggestions please
"Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams, telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems"
Quote by Dan_Hamelin
You have to pick either jazz or classical i picked jazz
but i really want to wow the judges.
and have never listened to jazz in my life any suggestions please

Worst move ever.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
yeah.. why'd you pick jazz?
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
saidif you sing rock or pop. pick jazz as it will most likely fit your category
"Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams, telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems"
also you have to sightread at a grade 7 level of a royal conservatory for classical... i cant
Last edited by Dan_Hamelin at Feb 9, 2009,
makes sense..

what are the audition requirements?
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
go, spend hours listening to jazz, sing along alot.
like really hours listening+singing along a day. then pick a tune you like sing it, transcribe or learn a few solos and then go in and hope for the best. read up/take some lessons in scatting
Why would you sign up for something you can't do/have never even heard?

Just sayin....
There is alot of jazz that is awkward to sing if you have no experience it. I am also in school for singing. If you have experience with neither then I would go with classical. Most of the Jazz I have sang has alot of weird chromatic movements. If you are already a good singer you should be able to adapt well, but then take in consideration that most of it is in a swing rhythm which is a bit harder to count at first. I think Classical singing would be the easier choice, just find a nice solo piece and make sure you can sing it well.
How about Michael Bubles version of Feeling Good? If you can pull that off if defiantly wow's