Some simple tips- try an open tuning and raising the action on your guitar. Talk to imgooley though, he'll tell you everything
Quote by mcrfobtai
Some simple tips- try an open tuning and raising the action on your guitar. Talk to imgooley though, he'll tell you everything

Yeah. It also depends on string gauge. A good tuning would be a a half step or whole step down, then tune the strings as if you were fingering an A major or minor chord.

Oh, Hi.

Another slide learner

Alright, let's start out with the basics: What kind of slide, what kind of guitar, what kind of sound are you going for, do you know how to play basic blues?
Quote by imgooley
Oh, Hi.

Another slide learner

Alright, let's start out with the basics: What kind of slide, what kind of guitar, what kind of sound are you going for, do you know how to play basic blues?

I have a glass slide, right now i just have a samick malibu (soon getting a schecter or ESP), sound im going for is heavier blues, and i can play some hendrix licks and a tiny bit of other bluesy stuff
If you're going to be getting a guitar with a floyd, don't use it for slide. It's kinda counter productive.

For slide, hardtails and thick bodies are the best, imo.

Glass is really good for acoustic, so you might want to practice on that.

A good first song to learn is the version of In My Time of Dying by Led Zeppelin. Really easy stuff that lets you work on the basics.

Get the Warren Haynes hotlicks videos, and that will teach you pretty much all you need to know.