Hey there.

My problem is ive been playing for some 6 months and I havent followed any method basically just trying to play every song that I like.And I havent had much progress,

I understand theres some basics I need to know so what do you think I should do, Any excercises or scales I hould learn before trying out more complex stuff.
Learn the pentatonic scale, learn basic barre chords, learn how to at least find notes on your fretboard, learn how to bend in tune, learn how to do pull-off and hammer-on sequences, try to tune your guitar by ear, try learning stretchy chords, etc.

There is soooo much you can do.
Quote by vladimichov
Hey there.

My problem is ive been playing for some 6 months and I havent followed any method basically just trying to play every song that I like.And I havent had much progress,

I understand theres some basics I need to know so what do you think I should do, Any excercises or scales I hould learn before trying out more complex stuff.

I teach sometimes, and I advise my pupils to do two things as general technique practice. First, it's good to get a smooth movement with your chord changes. To do this pick about four or five open chords and practice moving between the shapes very slowly. You don't even have to strum, just build up your speed moving between shapes. Once you've done this for a while and are able to change the shapes smoothly, introduce some simple rhythms with your right hand Second, yes, scales. There's really no substitute for practicing scales slowly and methodically. Hope this helps.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Brilliant...
Last edited by rock freebase at Feb 9, 2009,
Well, you should at least know your pentatonic scale(s), the major scale and modes are good to know along with some theory. As far as exercises go you can just take your favourite speedy licks, put them in different modes/keys and build it up with a metronome. Also you could look in the advanced techniques forum section for some great exercises.

EDIT:here you go
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Last edited by Deep*Kick at Feb 9, 2009,