would you consider NOFX a pop-punk band or just a punk rock band who received a little more mainstream success

personally I feel the later of the two but I was just curious and thought Id get an opinion besides my own
I swear we've had this discussion recently....

Anyways, this thread is pointless. If you really want an answer just ask in the off-topic thread, but most people consider them pop punk because their music is kind of poppy.

*Reported*
Punk rock.

They are wolves in wolves clothing.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
*Reported for failure.*
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
NOFX, use too much cursing for pop punk, **** it man they're So Cal jews! All on drugs, ****ing heebs and a bean, i wonder! NOFX discusiions PM me, i love em!
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
Quote by guitarheroII
NOFX, use too much cursing for pop punk, **** it man they're So Cal jews! All on drugs, ****ing heebs and a bean, i wonder! NOFX discusiions PM me, i love em!

This is racist.

Quote by zachrudicel93
they're gay.they dissed underoath and underoath is so much better.....

This is homophobic.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn

This is homophobic.

It's the christian thing to do.

Anyway, I like them. I guess they could be considered pop punk. The only thing that always kind of annoyed me about them was the random Ska punk song on most of the records.. (I like my ska in the first/second wave variety, so maybe that's why..)
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
i dont care what they are, they are damn good, wolves in wolves clothing licked bawlls tho
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Wolves in Wolves Clothing is one of my top three albums by them.. tied with Pump up the Valuum and losing only to So Long and Thanks for all the shoes and punk in drublic.
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
ugh, i couldnt stand it, punk in drublic was amazing, hell pretty much most of their other stuff was amazing, and wolves had good music, the lyrics just killed it for me, i think they will make a come back though, theyve made bland albums before
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
i say pop-punk...well i also basically just dont like em. except i gotta pee and timmy the turtle cuz its so damn stupid
im sorry I didnt know this was already discussed I dont want to be the asshole here I was just curious on everyones opinion I dont feel thats a reason to report me but alright...
Just check around for the recent thread on the topic, or the larger nofx thread that's probably kicking around somewhere.

There's a search bar at the top of the page, and an advanced search function to the left of it.

It's not like you're in trouble or anything. I'm just gonna close the thread is all.