If your tubes are glowing blue, is that a bad thing? Mine are glowing blue on the outside and the normal orange on the inside, and my amp sounds fine. Does this mean my tubes have died or are on the process of dying soon?
Completely normal.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
It's called fluorescence, it's normal. Only bad thing is it means your amp is dumping radiation in a 10 ft radius from the tubes. As long as you're ten ft or more from the amp you should be alright.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Its normal... for power tubes... Dunt Dunt Dunnnn...they have a lot of electrons going through jumping from filament to the other thing and the thresh-hold level is surpassed... preamp tubes dont have enough electrons going through them to surpass the thresh-hold level and start glowing blue... so you just see the filimant glowing orange. But you are probably looking at the power tubes cause the preamp tubes are hidden a bit I do believe. Anyways theres nothing to worry about, if the rest of the replys didnt reassure you hopefully mine did.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Quote by Lefty Guitarist
If your tubes are glowing blue, is that a bad thing? Mine are glowing blue on the outside and the normal orange on the inside, and my amp sounds fine. Does this mean my tubes have died or are on the process of dying soon?

My favorite part of blue glowing tubes is, if you look closely when you play, you should see the blue moving around and flicking and stuff. Fun!
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by Kevin Saale
It's called fluorescence, it's normal. Only bad thing is it means your amp is dumping radiation in a 10 ft radius from the tubes. As long as you're ten ft or more from the amp you should be alright.

I'm sad nobody else seemed to catch this.
full of win.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
I'm sad nobody else seemed to catch this.
full of win.

I know every time I saw a reply to this thread expected it to be about that.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
I know every time I saw a reply to this thread expected it to be about that.

I hate that feeling.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Lefty Guitarist
The plates, what are they?

Big gray thing in the middle.
Quote by Ethanb08
Its normal... for power tubes... Dunt Dunt Dunnnn...they have a lot of electrons going through jumping from filament to the other thing and the thresh-hold level is surpassed... preamp tubes dont have enough electrons going through them to surpass the thresh-hold level and start glowing blue... so you just see the filimant glowing orange. But you are probably looking at the power tubes cause the preamp tubes are hidden a bit I do believe. Anyways theres nothing to worry about, if the rest of the replys didnt reassure you hopefully mine did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bebSxF0rr5I

Quote by Kevin Saale

ohhh you almost got me
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008