Alright I've searched and searched for stuff about this and I'm still confused. I got a Squier Stagemaster I bought off Ebay. It's got a floating bridge in it and from what I read online so far I think it's a floyd rose. I think I have it set up right, I mean tuning wise. I tuned it like the websites say. Anyways, I keep hearing about this double locking thing and all the pictures I see all have this black thing on the nut holding the strings. I don't have one of these, is that a problem? I've been playing this guitar for about 4 years now and it really hasn't been a problem. It stays in tune alright and sounds pretty good in my opinion. I just wanna know if I'm missing something or its set up wrong. Someone help me please, haha.
you seem a little confused. is there any way you could supply us some pictures? that would help a lot.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Its probably a standard tremolo, like used on most fenders. Not a floyd rose. Thats why you have no locking nut.
okay i just looked up that guitar. it does seem to be some sort of floyd rose.
the stagemasters do not come with a locking nut at the headstock. so no, there's nothing wrong with the guitar. if you say it stays in tune well, there should be no problem with it.

by the way, that is one of the better looking strat copies i've seen.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
My 1998 Chinese Squier Stagemaster came with a locking nut...

If you're using any kind of tremelo, you need some kind of lock to keep your strings from going out of tune everytime you hit that whammy bar. If I was you, I'd look into either installing locking tuners or having a guitar shop install a locking nut.
Recommended threads
Willy Moon!
Tragic Mulatto
Last post:
by [x]Huffy[x]
Goldfinger
A Tua Prima
Last post:
by mrwaffles