I was just wondering, what do you advise my band doing for our first gig (other than a battle of the bands we might go to); should we charge, or just do it for the publicity?
Just do it for publicity.
Record a quick and gritty demo, and bring it to a local venue. If they like you, they'll set up a date, and you'll have to sell a few tickets. You most likely won't be able to make any money.

Good luck.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
get naked on stage!
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
Don't suck.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
If you aren't well known don't charge, no one wants to pay money to see a band they don't know about.

what you could do is get other bands in your area that play your genre and get a multi band concert.
Play ''Hey john what's your name again'' by the devil wears prada.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Act like you own the place, piss off the club owners and look like a total badass by getting thrown out mid-set.
Quote by skaterkevin87
Play ''Hey john what's your name again'' by the devil wears prada.

he wants to keep the audience not make them leave
Quote by LabradorBassist
If you aren't well known don't charge, no one wants to pay money to see a band they don't know about.

what you could do is get other bands in your area that play your genre and get a multi band concert.

Well, there's something that is called "Battle of the Bands" around here, but it's not really that, as far as I know, it's just a concert, it's like, every month, I'm not sure how much each band gets to play, but our guitarist knows about it, and he says he knows someone who might be able to get us extra time. But, that's a ways away seeing as we've only had a fullband practice twice, due to our lazy, fatass, Wow-addicted drummer. Also, me and our guitarist usually end up getting high (but only when our drummer doesn't show up; we actually get **** done when he's there).
Last edited by herby190 at Feb 9, 2009,
Do it for the publicity. Would you pay to go see a band that yo had never heard of before play their first ever gig.

We have a bandleading forum......