I'm kinda stuck. I've been playing on and off for a little over 4 years on guitar some acoustic some electric. Anyways I like to play metal and a lot of forms of it for example I can play some Bullet for my Valentine, All that remains, As i lay dying, and a little bit of KSE (excluding the crap load of acoustic stuff). Anyways I just can't pick up the solo's and i've found it very hard to play at all when i can't play the solo of the song. Really disheartening . Does anyone have any suggestions of some stuff i should try to play so i can get my speed up and such because i'm having the hardest time finding anything and trust me i've tried. So any help would be appreciated :P

P.S. I read the rules and from what i understand this is where to ask >.<
Hm... if only I remembered the Chromatic Scale.

However, I do remember the Ionian:
E|-------------------------------------------------------------7--8----
B|----------------------------------------------------8--10-------------
D|---------------------------------------7--9--10-----------------------
G|--------------------------7--9--10------------------------------------
A|------------7--8--10--------------------------------------------------
E|---8--10--------------------------------------------------------------
Then just play backwards when you get to the 8th fret on the high E.

First scale I ever learned. Great way to build up speed, but it takes time, obviously.
Last edited by Aznargo at Feb 9, 2009,
As many have stated, speed is a byproduct of accuracy. Focus on your accuracy rather than your speed and it will build up. And to Aznargo, the chromatic scale is just starting at one note, C, for example, and playing through every note (hence chromatically), until you get to the next octave of C. TS, one of the ways I practice my accuracy is to play the chromatic scale ascending, then descending, and then I put my hand OVER the fretboard rather than under it, and play it ascending and descending again. It really helps those speedy descending runs and helps to make your fingers more independant.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by Froboarder
As many have stated, speed is a byproduct of accuracy. Focus on your accuracy rather than your speed and it will build up.

Agree.