I don't have clue where to start, But I play in 3 person band. vocal, guitar bass and a laptop.
But anyway for gigs because we like to move about lot. and we both need to get to the laptop.
I need to go wireless. I need something cheapy but not crap and good.
and also If I did have the money what do bands like Iron Maiden use.
Uk based.
in wireless, cheapy and good dont go together. i wouldnt spend under $300, which i think is around 200 GBP or something. you want something that is UHF (no VHF) and you want something where you can switch channels. anything that limits you to a single channel is a waste of time and money. i dont know too much about specific units currently on the market, but those are the 3 things that should be the start of any of your searches. if you cant spend that much money, dont bother with wireless because it will suck tone and not have the features you want.
jof, what do u mean by channels on a wireless system? im kinda thinking of investing soon too
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
well some wireless systems allow you to choose what frequency you are on, which is basicly a channel. some frequencies might overlap with CB radios in that area, might overlap with something else running in the venue, or just might pick up lots of interference from something near by. being able to switch frequencies is absolutley key IMO.

this system here is VHF and has a fixed channel: http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/AudioTechnica-ATW251-Freeway-VHF-Guitar-Wireless-System?sku=275104

this system here has 10 selectable channels, but im not sure where in the frequency range it runs: http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Shure-PG14-Performance-Gear-Wireless-Guitar-System?sku=271190
oh, ok..so, its like when u get those walkie-talkies with the 12 different channels and u can do some serious eavesdropping..
also, how does any rate the shure line of wireless?

i met a guy last year with a wireless called like a G2 or something..dont remember, but he said it was around 500, and he really liked it..anyone know which particular unit this may be?
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey