Alright to start off, I'm not a little kid complaining about my dad, I'm 21.

Now moving on, my dad is starting to really get on my nerves and annoy me. Whenever I go out, he'll call me at midnight and ask me if I know what time it is, to which I'll reply yea I do, to which he'll reply alright why aren't you home then? In which turns into an arguement of me saying because it's not even late and I'm just hanging out with my friends.

Then God forbid I'll sleep over a friend's house, because then he'll throw a bitch fit, and yell at me how I have a home to sleep in and I should not be sleeping at friends houses and such. All of this which has led to an argument where I would yell back saying I'm not a little kid anymore, I'm 21, in which he would reply well to me you're 12 and still a kid and blah blah. Of course my mom would agree with me because he understand I'm growing up and such.

Now I know what you're gonna say, move out, well I plan on doing so this summer once I have my job and all, only problem, my dad is even going to bitch about this and basically tell me no I'm not moving out, and just go crazy over this. I just want to know what the hell I have to tell this man to understand I'm growing up, I'm 21 and he can't talk to me, and control me like I'm still a little kid. As well he always assumes when I go out I'm doing something wrong and illegal. Meh annoying as hell.
he cant stop you from moving out, but i would also suggest to not be a prick to him while you still live with him. He pays the bills, and is only protective becasue he cares
and is only protective becasue he cares

Based on that he cares far too much. Just tell him he'll have to deal with it.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
You are 21 years of age, in your country you are legal for anything which in turn makes you a man. A MAN, just tell him too bad your not a boy and that you haven't been a boy for for ****ing 5-8 years now.

Your an adult you can decide when you want to go home, what time you want to stay out till or where you want to sleep. For fucks sake I'm 17 and and have more freedom than you.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Quote by Taygunov
fap or rape

How witty and original.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
^ custom user title irony.....

anyway, move out. i believe that is the simple solution.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Last edited by Zugunruhe at Feb 9, 2009,
Oh my God I hope this isn't a glimpse into my future.
I always thought he'd grow out of it. And if a father can be like that with a 21 year old boy....oh christ

Here's where my money usually goes: when you have kids THEY will become the center of his attention.
Quote by Zugunruhe
^ custom user title irony.....

Wasn't intentional
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I would be too happy if my dad grew out of this. All I'm honestly waiting for right now is to get this job that I've been interviewing for and save some money until summer and hopefully I'll be out of this house, of coure against the will of my dad who is going to do anything he can to keep me at home.

Why? Because I do after all do alot for my parents, in terms of doing things around the house and such that they ask me to do.
Quote by LHOOQ
Here's where my money usually goes: when you have kids THEY will become the center of his attention.

Absolutely.

EDIT Btw, never burn the bridge. Never know when you may need help. Check my profile, an extra six months of my father's support would mean about triple my current salary. Can't say the freedom was all bad though. Got a great family of my own in trade.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Last edited by millerdrr at Feb 9, 2009,
Quote by ccam555

PIKA PIKA PIKA PIKA PIKA PIKA PIKA PIKA!!!!!!!!!!
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
show him your pubes =]
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

You really shouldn't still be at home,
so I'd GTFO once you get a job
you really shouldn't have a curfew after graduation IMO, but thats just me,
convince him you can take care of yourself
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Buy him a beer and have a solid man-to-man talk. If he starts bitching, he foots the tab
Quote by Kensai
When I wear it I have to fight off women with a stick. Ifyouknowwhatimean.

Quote by daytripper75
Today, 2:51pm EST: Prodigy179 has officially hit puberty.

They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me!
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
How about moving out?

Seriously. My dad has told me that when I'm 18, I can move out and do whatever the hell I want. But if I still live under his roof, I have follow his rules.

So if you wanna be a lazy f*cker and not move out, show some respect and try to be nicer to your dad.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I'm not saying I have a curfew and all, I still stay out as long as I want, even if he does end up bitching about it, because in the end he does know that I'm somewhat correct he just won't admit it.

As for my mom, if I were to tell her I was moving out, she'd be sad about it, but unlike my dad she would still support me about the whole situation. Either way, I plan on talking to them both about moving out once I get this job.

I would buy him a beer and have a man-to-man talk, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't even want me going out to bars, or know that I do, or even know that I drink out of the house. I'm sure he would get even madder if he found out I do drink out of the house. He does give me a beer for dinner or such though. I don't know he's just really strict about everything, its maddening.
Quote by SacredxSuperman
All of this which has led to an argument where I would yell back saying I'm not a little kid anymore, I'm 21, in which he would reply well to me you're 12 and still a kid and blah blah.

Sorry for not helping, but my parents do this to me too. I'm only 17 though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Primus2112
How about moving out?

Seriously. My dad has told me that when I'm 18, I can move out and do whatever the hell I want. But if I still live under his roof, I have follow his rules.

So if you wanna be a lazy f*cker and not move out, show some respect and try to be nicer to your dad.

you clearly didn't read all i had to say.
I'm 19 and sometimes my mom starts calling my cell around 10pm asking when I'm going to get back. If I tell her "in an hour" and don't come home in an hour she calls again. But yet I never see her calling my sister who is younger and sometimes doesn't come home till 1am.
Seriously, your dad doesn't want you to move out? Now that's a bit selfish imo, unless you attend a nearby college or something (and they're paying for it).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by metaldud536
I'm 19 and sometimes my mom starts calling my cell around 10pm asking when I'm going to get back. If I tell her "in an hour" and don't come home in an hour she calls again. But yet I never see her calling my sister who is younger and sometimes doesn't come home till 1am.

You must be like her Eric Forman and your sister is like Laurie. It may be annoying, but at least you're not laurie

TS, I don't know. I had a completely different experience so I feel like anything I might advise would be rubbish.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I'm 21...going on a Stag do on thursday.

Seriously though thats just bad luck. Are you a girl though, cos that would explain things
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by SacredxSuperman
you clearly didn't read all i had to say.

Oh. My bad. It's just that I see so many threads with people bitching about their parents' rules, but they don't wanna move out.

Yeah, your dad has some issues. You should try to resolve them.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
you should take him to the liquor store an buy yourself a 2.6 an see what his reaction is then spit on your I.D card an stick it on his forehead an tell him to gtfo
Quote by wiggy1988
I'm 21...going on a Stag do on thursday.

Seriously though thats just bad luck. Are you a girl though, cos that would explain things

Nope not a girl, which just makes it all worse.