So, I've had my bass (Eleca DBT-1) since last May, and since I've had it I've had no problems with it at all. Today the it cut out mid session and I've tried everything: Switching cords, fiddling with the volume knobs on the amp and the body, changing outlets for the amp, everything. Still no sound.

I know it's a bass-side problem as I still get feedback when I touch the end of the cord while its plugged into the amp with either cord or when I put it on anything metal. I even get feedback when I plug the cord into the bass, just no sound whenever I try to play.

When I posted this over at The Pit, I was told a wire came off the output jack. I have zero soldering experience, so I'm kind of up the river here. Who would I take this to to get it fixed? Could it be anything else?
A music store can give you a diagnosis and a solution. You either blew your pickups (not likely), or a wire got disconnected from the jack. Since you have no soldering experience you should take it to a shop or find someone who does and will help you.
GAS List:
Nothing
I don't understand how one can "blow" a pickup...it's just a magnet and some wire. It's not like it's subjected to extreme conditions of any sort.

It's probably a loose wire somewhere in the bass. It's a simple fix.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
I don't understand how one can "blow" a pickup...it's just a magnet and some wire. It's not like it's subjected to extreme conditions of any sort.

It's probably a loose wire somewhere in the bass. It's a simple fix.

There is electric current running through a pickup, you can fry the wiring which, for lack of a better term is "blowing" a pickup.
GAS List:
Nothing
Have a friend who knows how to solder open the back panel and look in - there's nothing that complex in there

Something similar happened to my bass - it was just 1 wire that needed to be re-soldered
Playin bass since Dec 08