Page 1 of 2
Alright, so at my school we have an elective called rock school.
Basically you just pick a few songs learn them by the end of the semester, then have a show at the end of the semester.

So what I need help on is some jam songs.
But to be more specific, I need some songs that aren't super easy, but not hard, we have 2 female singers, which man be a bit of an issue, because I really dislike female vocalists in rock band.
And, yes, I do realize I should talk to my "band" about all of this, but the thing is we need 2 songs by tomorrow, and 3/5 bands members mysteriously did not show up to the class, and i hardly know anyone, or have there phone numbers, so my music teacher just told me to figure it out.

Anyways, any suggestions, would be very appreciated, thankya!
Quote by Filter
wtf kinda school you attend boy?!

haha a normal high school
it's just awesome for music kind of stuff
Quote by hebber
haha a normal high school
it's just awesome for music kind of stuff

That's not fair.. The only elective things I had when I went to school were..

Typing, The Other Languages, Technical Drawing, Shop and Business..
paramore :P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
if you can sing and play at the same time try this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHvusHdPW0g

it's a great acoustic song. IMO

another great song acoustically
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKGpZuadMsA
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Feb 9, 2009,
sheesh yall get all year to learn these songs? Damn for the talent show at my school I did a metal/blues improv the day of the talent show...well dude what kind of music you like and i'll give you a decent answer.
haha oh i should add
NO PARAMORE

i am a zeppelin, hendrix, the doors, kind of person
i should have added that
i am opened to alot of things
but as stated i really dislike female singers with a passion, which is pretty hypocritical person i did sing for a band last year
so maybe just some songs females can also sing
or stuff like joan jett, janis joplin, etc!
Quote by dethead666
sheesh yall get all year to learn these songs? Damn for the talent show at my school I did a metal/blues improv the day of the talent show...well dude what kind of music you like and i'll give you a decent answer.

well we get like 3 months
andddd i am into classic rock, punk, and stuff like sublime
buttt i am pretty much opened to almost anything
just not pop, or alternative i guess
i cum..nah

only ashes remain necrophagist
\something by arch enemy
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by daytripper75
so it has to have vocals?

yeah we can't do any instrumental, which disappointed me because i wanted to do moby dick so bad.
Hmm maybe some jefferson airplane? Idk no dude you into metal because if these chicks can sing you can do some laguna coil or heart...But chicks can do dude songs also.
Quote by dethead666
Hmm maybe some jefferson airplane? Idk no dude you into metal because if these chicks can sing you can do some laguna coil or heart...But chicks can do dude songs also.

im somewhat into metal
so help me god i am stuck in the 60's - 90's haha
so pretty much megadeth, metallica, that stuff

and to be honest, i have never heard them sing, so i am just praying they can, i have heard good remarks, but i want to pick something sort of easy on vocals
Achilles Last Stand
play tht and jam it
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Metallica - Call Of Ktulu
Metallica - Sad But True
Metallica - Sanatarium (Welcome Home)
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Just never... EVER let chicks sing a Nirvana song... Reason: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwlsPOnxzfk

And like i said try looking on youtube for some anouk she's prolly the only good female/rock singer i know. And hayley afcourse but that's like duh!
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
So you don't learn anything?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by hebber
im somewhat into metal
so help me god i am stuck in the 60's - 90's haha
so pretty much megadeth, metallica, that stuff

and to be honest, i have never heard them sing, so i am just praying they can, i have heard good remarks, but i want to pick something sort of easy on vocals

Ahh well check out their voices and see what they want to do but your preferences and having chick singers can only make me conclude a heart song or something but I think girls could also get away with led zeppelin but def not megadeth and metallica.
Free Bird! It's actually a fairly simple song, obviously you can improv the solos, I did it in a similar "band class" (wasn't through school though, I wish it was)
Sounds like it sucks.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Go your own waaaaaaaay...
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Heart
Joan Jett
Cranberries

Maybe you could pull off some high male stuff, like - umm...
Radiohead
Muse
Jeff Buckley
Boston
Led Zeppelin or Page & Plant
Journey
Maybe some Phish

Of course, if they can't sing you just have to be louder than they are.
Last edited by Sir Anonymous at Feb 9, 2009,
Quote by Primus2112
Go your own waaaaaaaay...

Loving you is not the right thing to do...something something don't know the lyrics to this ****ing song that i hear only 50 times a day.
Page 1 of 2