So yeah, I just recently acquired a 600 watt peavy head and behringer 4 speaker cabinet from a friend, and it was playing real nice until tonight. I had been missing the power supply cord to my digitech rp 200 effects processor and found it tonight, so I thought "hey, let's play through it on the nice new halfstack", so I plug it all in properly, and nothing happens. I try turning it up a little, but I can barely hear any sound coming through the cab. I then turn everything all the way up, and I still can barely ehar anything. At this point I have to actually put my ear against the cab to hear anything.

So I figure I should unplug the guitar from the processor and hook it back up to my Weapon pedal (see sig) because it was working fine being played through that before I used the processor, but no, I still can barely hear anything, even when I'm sitting smack dab right next to it. Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to get my halfstack back in proper working order? This doubly sucks, because- 1.) I got it because my drummer and I have enough songs to record a demo and until this came along I didn't have anything loud enough to record with (we want to do it ourselves to cut costs), and 2.) I wanted to bathe the neighborhood in shred and Van Halen-esque tapping solos (which I'm pretty good at, btw).

Halp, plz!
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
No, I tried that, it's all the way up.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
I dont have a lot of experience with guitar amps but i have worked alot with car audio amps i would double check all your connections and make sure everything is properly plugged into the right place. Your speakers have a set resistance and i know with some cabs tehre are different plugs for different ohm loads (resistance) if your amp is only rated for 8 ohms and you plug it into a 4 ohm load it will fry your amp in a heart beat. It could be as simple as a corroded plug i had that problem with a guitar before.
Quote by STABxYOU
600 watts? O.O

Dear god, why?

Purely for reactions like this.

Plus I wanna be able to get as much sound as possible out of something when I start playing shows.
i've never seen that before
send us a link of this so-called 600 watt head
Did you set the ohms right. You do understand with using that much power that you're oging to need alot of speakers to handle it all
Quote by Highwaytohell
i've never seen that before
send us a link of this so-called 600 watt head
Did you set the ohms right. You do understand with using that much power that you're oging to need alot of speakers to handle it all

You don't believe me, you say? Prepare to be shocked, sir.

Oh, and I fixed the problem. Seems all I needed was a new guitar cord.
hahahaahaha - this is a joke, right?

600w!?

Isnt it something like 130w RMS per side? And its SS - it may be quite loud - but....umm

600w is the power it consumes - which is a stupid amount anyway - the only thing thats massive is your electricity bill.........
Last edited by davedoom at Feb 12, 2009,
That's not a proper 600 Watt amp, you moron.

My 15w Blues Jr says 180W on the back, that sure as hell doesn't mean it's 180 watts.

Plus, a solid state amp with a certain wattage will usually be as loud as a tube amp with 1/2 or 1/3 of the wattage...
Last edited by JilaX^ at Feb 12, 2009,
Quote by Helloween_rox
You don't believe me, you say? Prepare to be shocked, sir.

Oh, and I fixed the problem. Seems all I needed was a new guitar cord.

Dude, that is some serious ****.
My Rig-
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Duncans) {My Baby ^_^}
-Fender Frontman 212R
-Boss DS-1
-Boss MD-2
-Boss Noise Gate
The amp has 100 watts per channel, just to clear up that myth. 600 watts? No.

Glad it's fixed anyway.

Edit: My lightbulbs are 120Watts each!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Feb 12, 2009,
Haha thread no longer needs to exist

Cool you fixed you problem man. I was gonna suggest trying out diff cables too.
My Rig-
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Duncans) {My Baby ^_^}
-Fender Frontman 212R
-Boss DS-1
-Boss MD-2
-Boss Noise Gate
Quote by RisingFreedom09
Haha thread no longer needs to exist

Cool you fixed you problem man. I was gonna suggest trying out diff cables too.

I think we should stay and poke fun at the guy some more.

Quote by JilaX^

dude, so the back of my microwave ways "1100 watts". think of the crushing output this thing has! imagine if i could hook up some speakers to it!

....like that?

edit:
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Feb 12, 2009,
Quote by JilaX^

I really did think that - just didnt say it.

Music is always a learning experience - be fair - he wasnt being a wanker about it.
Quote by davedoom
hahahaahaha - this is a joke, right?

600w!?

Isnt it something like 130w RMS per side? And its SS - it may be quite loud - but....umm

600w is the power it consumes - which is a stupid amount anyway - the only thing thats massive is your electricity bill.........

No joke, sir.

And the electric bill is why I unplug it when I'm not using it.