Hi, my current setup is as follows:

Fender MIM Strat
Buddy Guy Wah (I'll also have a new Jekyll and Hyde V2 once I return the crappy broken one they sent me for another )
Blues Junior

Now I'm looking to add something else to give me a new tone. My current thoughts are:

Chorus:
-could be used with distortion and overdrive on the jekyll and hyde to give me a cool tone for solos

Delay:
- I really like the sound of that little bit of delay added to lead tones that give high bends an aggressive 'echo' (anyone know what i mean)

EQ: It seems like the eq on the blues junior aren't as powerful as i'd prefer, and I've been strongly looking at the danelectro fish n chips (affordable) or the mxr 10 band (big investment but certainly more durable)

my current budget isn't really more than $130 US, any ideas which I should buy first?
Chorus can sound cheap if you don't pay out for it, and Delay can completely suck the tone out of your rig if it's not high quality. You can find them used and that might be a better choice. Personally, I'd go with a good delay pedal because there's just so much you can do with it.

And EQ pedal wouldn't be a bad call, though, if you're dissatisfied with your current amp's eq.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Feb 9, 2009,
It really depends one what you want the most. I've got the MXR 10 band and it's great, but if you're just to tweak your tone slightly maybe the Fish N Chips would be a better choice.
i always like the delay in playing and solos. and you could always get a cheap chorus to add in the mix til you have enough for a nice one. i found a fab chorus for $18 new at a local shop. havent found a good delay for cheap yet
delay! easily one of the most fun things to mess around with

edit: dammnit... spoke to late but i have no idea what kinda delay you should get... i like the one on my boss me-50 cause it has like 7 different kinds of delay effects which is pretty neat
Last edited by michaelbot9000 at Feb 9, 2009,
Quote by CamaroEric+
i always like the delay in playing and solos. and you could always get a cheap chorus to add in the mix til you have enough for a nice one. i found a fab chorus for $18 new at a local shop. havent found a good delay for cheap yet

fab chorus =

fab anything =
you can get a used mxr 10 band eq on craigslist for less then 130
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']damn straight. How do our ghetto counterparts say..."Kickin it old school"?

currently upgrading my gear but here's the stuff im keeping
Gibson les paul studio
Rebuilt ibanez rg
Ibanez rgr421exfm

Hopefully a new amp soon