Okay Pit I need your help. I recently started up a band profile for my band: someones ammo

In the setup it aksed what kind of music do we play. So I got thinking "What do we play?" there is so many different "styles" out there I was wondering about what each classification is.

Is Godsmack hard rock?
Is Oasis rock?
Is Metallica metal? etc.

If I was to describe our band; it has a very old Metallica (MOP and RTL) meets Stone Temple Pilots kind of sound. I classified us as hard rock.
Just curious of your opinions on my band's classification (I know it's difficult with only a short description) and also what other bands out there would be catagorized as.

'preciated in advance.
"We've all been someones ammo at some point in our life..."

someones ammo ... my band.

Quote by LaidBack
Don't put it down your throat? It is only supposed to be slightly in your mouth dude, not deepthroating it.
Quote by Raybone31
Okay Pit I need your help. I recently started up a band profile for my band: someones ammo

In the setup it aksed what kind of music do we play. So I got thinking "What do we play?" there is so many different "styles" out there I was wondering about what each classification is.

Is Godsmack hard rock?
Is Oasis rock?
Is Metallica metal? etc.

If I was to describe our band; it has a very old Metallica (MOP and RTL) meets Stone Temple Pilots kind of sound. I classified us as hard rock.
Just curious of your opinions on my band's classification (I know it's difficult with only a short description) and also what other bands out there would be catagorized as.

'preciated in advance.

Well that one is a no brainer.
Sail upon the open skies
Your band name should be The Gay Refrigerators. Period.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by TooFast
Your band name should be The Gay Refrigerators. Period.

Wow I bet you are the life of the party.

Quote by LaidBack
Don't put it down your throat? It is only supposed to be slightly in your mouth dude, not deepthroating it.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Does the classification really matter? 'Hard rock' is general enough, and it's all pretty subjective anyway. Let the music speak for itself.

Yeah. Genre discussion is my most hated thing about music.
Quote by Raybone31
Wow I bet you are the life of the party.

I am the party.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Genres are barriers for the songwriters. Play what you want then figure it later don't figure it out THEN start writing because it wont be natural.
See that's my whole point. As I was growing up. You were metal, rock, classic rock, or hard rock.

Now there is so many damn catagories I was just curious as to what makes one band "classified" in one genre and another in another genre though they sound similar.

Quote by LaidBack
Quote by angusfan16
Well that one is a no brainer.

well depends nowadays metallica is hard rock (I guess) and to ts that is a good classification of your IMO hope yall are successful.
Genre's are for fans and critics, as musicians we don't have to worry about it.

When you see bands saying **** like "Nah bro, we aren't melodeath metal, we're grindcore killmetal" I generally take it as a sign that they suck, and you should too.

People get too in depth about genre because they would rather play something new and weird than play something good. Do us all a favor, be a musician, play something good, don't worry about what they call it.
Wooooowwwwww.... I just realized that i read this thread completely wrong. Sorry TS, I iz stoopid.
Sail upon the open skies