I have an Alvarez Dana guitar with a floyd rose, and when hit two strings and bend one, the other goes out of tune. Are there any ways to fix this? Ive heard the tremelno works but does it still allow you to bend both up and down, and is this the only solution?
Well, you can probably hold the trem in place with your pick hand.
Bending one string will increase spring tension, and cause it to slightly dive. Hence the detuning of the other string.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
you just learn to bend one to match the bending it does as a result of the other bend
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Its the nature of the beast floyds do that you just gotta live with it even a tremsetter doesnt eliminate the problem only reduces it. I talked with my tech on this cause I was worried about it too but he said that it goes out of tune so little that I shouldnt be worried about it.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
You can't do it. You can bend the flat string a bit too. If it is set up right you can let go of the bent string then play the other right away to fake it but if you are truly into bending or often bend up to other notes a fixed bridge is far better and more accurate. Even bending a single string with the FR is different than a fixed because it always moves with the added tension. I think thats why blues purists hardly ever use them.
Last edited by Tempoe at Feb 9, 2009,
Quote by tom708
you cant do 2 string bends on a floyd because the bridge moves

That's not exactly true.
You just have to adjust the other string.
I've heard Kirk Hammett and Synyster Gates do double stops on FR equipped guitars, just takes practice.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy1eiMZ5nUk&feature=channel_page

This guy says that it is possible to bend strings on OFR-equipped guitars and not go out of tune. This is what he says in the description:

Floyd Rose: Because of its double-locking system, no other tremolo system beats a Floyd Rose in terms of tuning stability. You can dive, pull up and play extremely high bends, and your guitar will stay in perfect pitch -- as long as there are no problems with the locking nut and knife edges. Some Floyds go out of tune will pull-ups because of flat knife edges (see explanation below). A portion of ChapStick between the mounting studs and knife edges usually solves the problem.
My Gear:
Jackson JS20 Dinky
Line6 Spider II 30w ( )
Dunlop Dime Crybaby From Hell ( )
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
you just learn to bend one to match the bending it does as a result of the other bend

Thats pretty much what you have to do, you gotta bend the string you wouldnt normally bend a small amount to bring it back up into pitch, no other way of doing it without locking your tremolo and basically turning your guitar into a hardtail
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12