so i have two 360's, one completely doesnt work as it gets the 3 lights o' death and is past warranty, the other overheats a ****load for no apparent reason, and is again outside of warranty. now i was thinking of trading them in for a new one, as gamestop will send some in to be refurbished (dunno if they need warranty still) but i dont know if gamestop takes them if they are as defected as mine are. i realized i wouldnt get more than 50 bucks for them, but its just the point. do they take them? if so how much could i approximate? i want the drive up there to be worth it, and not have them shut me down with piddly stuff if i dont know what to expect.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
get some compressed air and spray the vent that send out aif from the 360, it might fix it
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Think about the smallest possible value you think they would offer you.

Divide that by 3 and that's how much you'll get.
Buy a new X-box, send in the broken one under the new one's warranty, and sell the replacement you get back. Repeat and profit.
Quote by Sublimical
Buy a new X-box, send in the broken one under the new one's warranty, and sell the replacement you get back. Repeat and profit.

The warrantys are set to each individual X-box through the serial number....

Also... How can he repeat? He only has 2 broken ones.
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
One time I wanted to trade a DBZ game in at gamestop, they said i would actually have to give them money for them to accept it.
Quote by algemar
The warrantys are set to each individual X-box through the serial number....

Also... How can he repeat? He only has 2 broken ones.

Do it to both broken x-boxes

when you do something once, then do it again... that's called repeating.

and I didn't realize the serial # problem :S
Alot of people don't realize that Microsoft puts lifetime warranties on their Xbox 360's.
I didn't tell my Electronics boutique that mine was ****ed up and they gave me 120 bucks but that was a couple months ago might be slightly different now.
Quote by Guitar Skater
One time I wanted to trade a DBZ game in at gamestop, they said i would actually have to give them money for them to accept it.

Yeah, sometimes if a value of a game is below like 75cents then we can't take it in if it needs an additional refurb fee added on. It would end up being a negative trade-in value.

Oh, and TS, you'd get about $60 for a defective 360.
btw, the red ring of death is covered for 3 years... not 1 year like everything else.
as for the over heating thing, same thing happened to mine but i lucky still had it under warranty.