I can get one of these in H/S/S config used for 700$. Should I? What is good about this guitar, and what is bad? I like metal (who doesn't on UG), but I also like RHCP, so I wouldnt mind if it wasn't absolutely brootal.
Yeah I'd grab it, that's a steal - I think they go for around 1200 new.

And if you like metal, why not swap the bridge pickup for something higher gain? Then it should definitely be able to do some br00tal metal tones.

Try craigslist and ebay, but one in good shape will probably run you more than that. Also, why do want the 60th anniversary? there is nothing special about it except a badge on the back of the headstock... any American deluxe you buy made since 2005 will have SCN single coils and a Pearly Gates bridge.

I own two, incredible guitars. Very versatile, not great for metal, but with the S1 system you can fake a thick humbucker tone (or just buy the HSS like you said). The pearly gates is amazing for classic rock and gritty southern rock tone. It may sound muddy if you use tons of gain. However, that is dictated by your amp as much as the guitar itself. Read harmony central for thorough review (I'm too lazy).

good luck!
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by fnmpm
I can get one of these in H/S/S config used for 700$. Should I? What is good about this guitar, and what is bad? I like metal (who doesn't on UG), but I also like RHCP, so I wouldnt mind if it wasn't absolutely brootal.

I'd nab that if I were you. For that price thats really a steal...
By the way.
Haha. Im not a huge fan of metal.
I do play a few songs though.
haha.
Gear

30 Watt Peavey Vypyr

Peavey Reactor

Agile AL-3100 White w/ chrome hw

Seagull S6 Original
Do it.
Now.
Just swap the bridge pickup for something like a SD JB or DiMarzio SuperDistortion/Evo/D Sonic?
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Okay, I'll go try it out this week at the seller's place. How would I be sure that the pickups are SCN and not just replaced crap (sorry, newb question)? Btw, the serial # is DZ6######, so I'm pretty sure its 2006 Am. Delux, could I get confirmation?

And how would I make sure its not a lemon (aside from visible cracks and scratches, how do I make sure it doesn't have body damage)? I want to make sure I wont be scammed.