I used the searchbar and found nothing, so I thought I would dedicate a thread solely to this amazing Canadian band Woods of Ypres. If you haven't heard of them,their a Black/Doom/Folk Metal band and you are fans of Agalloch,Ulver, and others I highly recommend you check them out. For all of you who have heard the band, what is your favorite album/song?

Add them on myspace if you haven't already.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268448
Well you fail at searching. Not a big fan of WoY, btw. Don't get why they constantly get compared to Agalloch.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Use this thread:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17982040&highlight=Woods+of+Ypres#post17982040

I have personally loved them ever since a certain regular (yertletheturtle) recommended them to me. Ever since, Pursuit has been one of my personal favourites. Dragged Across a Forest Floor is spectacular. I never dug the 1st/3rd releases as much though, even though they are class as well.

For some reason, this forum seems to think of WoY as a poor man's Agalloch though. Why, I don't know.
I've found Jesus
Quote by progbass

they get compared to Agalloch because they want to be Agalloch

/fail
I've found Jesus
nah man,

they blatantly worship Agalloch. Anyone can see that.

Granted, they have a little of their own tastes thrown in, but I don't care for it much. As you said, to me it seems like watered down Agalloch.

I have Woods II and the only song I cared for was Shedding the Deadwood. Cool song.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by progbass
nah man,

they blatantly worship Agalloch. Anyone can see that.

Granted, they have a little of their own tastes thrown in, but I don't care for it much. As you said, to me it seems like watered down Agalloch.

I have Woods II and the only song I cared for was Shedding the Deadwood. Cool song.

I hear waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more alternative rock influence in the later 2 releases than anything, as well as plenty more black metal influence than Agalloch have ever exhibited in any song. Take a lot at Lock Eyes With a Wild Beast, Dragged Across a Forest Floor and The Sea of Immeasurable Loss for the black metal influence. And any of the acoustic tracks on Pursuit for the alt. rock.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
I hear waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more alternative rock influence in the later 2 releases than anything, as well as plenty more black metal influence than Agalloch have ever exhibited in any song. Take a lot at Lock Eyes With a Wild Beast, Dragged Across a Forest Floor and The Sea of Immeasurable Loss for the black metal influence. And any of the acoustic tracks on Pursuit for the alt. rock.

ehh..

true, I hear lots of alt rock in it. The black metal is kinda meh imo, just lazy tremelo riffs.

they just never jumped out at me.

the reason I compared them to 'lloch was because with each release, they lean closer to the rock and less metal, but as with 'lloch, its not necessarily a bad thing.
HESSIAN HAREM
Meh. I find WoY's music very "true" imho. Not in the elitist way, but more that I find that it's quite clear to me that they do what they want.

I've met David Gold and although he can be a huge prick, he's very much aware of the hate for WoY. But like with many bands, you get love/hate relationships. Of course unlike Agalloch, David's not even close to making a living with the band. I think if he really wanted to make money he wouldn't be in a struggling relatively underground band that makes little money.

But yes...not for everyone.
I've found Jesus
i like the ideas and concepts they put into the music more than the music itself. one day they might mature so to speak, into a fantastic band.
HESSIAN HAREM