well all my friends at Sam Ash say that the Di Marzio pickups are good, i think there like $100 for 1 pickup or something, my guitar has EMG 81/85 and i love them, so any have the Di Marzio pickups? if so are they any good?

P.S. i play ta metalz
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
I use them almost exclusively since I find they have the best price to quality ratio out of any pups that I've tried.They make a ton of high output models,if you like EMG's you might wanna look at the D-activator X or the X2N models.I personally like the d-sonic or steve's special models since they're high output with a very clean and articulate tone.

Edit: Didn't see the spider III,changing your pickups wont make much of a difference with an amp like that.Solid state modeling amps tend to make all guitars sound the same.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Feb 10, 2009,
Quote by Pr0gNut
I use them almost exclusively since I find they have the best price to quality ratio out of any pups that I've tried.They make a ton of high output models,if you like EMG's you might wanna look at the D-activator X or the X2N models.I personally like the d-sonic or steve's special models since they're high output with a very clean and articulate tone.

i just wanna know whats better for playing ta metalz..
Quote by vulcan422
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Quote by vulcan422

Not a Spyder modeling amp, that's for sure.

To stay a little relevant, I hope they're good. I'm chucking some in my Strat soon.
Quote by vulcan422
With your amp? Nothing. Pickups won't make a difference worth a damn with that amp.

You're playing on a jumped-up, excessively powerful solid state modelling amp. High output pickups of any kind are not good with that. Active pickups are not good with that. Hell medium output pickups are not good with that. The best use you could get out of it would be a passive, low-output singlecoil and the clean channel. Even then it'll still sound sub-par.

You want to sound metal? Get a naturally high-gain tube amp, and nearly any high-output passive pickup or keep those EMGs. Crank the amp fully.
Want to get really 'br00tal'? Stick a boost pedal in front of that.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Not a Spyder modeling amp, that's for sure.

To stay a little relevant, I hope they're good. I'm chucking some in my Strat soon.

iv never done a gig and i think the spider3 is great for practice, but id much rathere have a $3000 krank stack but i just can't afford it..

P.S. im only 14 and ben playing for about 2 years. every1 says im really good for my age which i agree
Quote by vulcan422
Quote by red157

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Sell your current amp, use that money plus whatever money you were going to spend on pickups on a tube amp instead. You can get a fairly decent tube practise amp for about the same as two DiMarzio pickups + a bit of spare cash would be.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Yeah, dimarzio pups are good.

What model are you looking at? Each model of DiMarzio pick up will produce a different sound.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Quote by MrFlibble
With your amp? Nothing. Pickups won't make a difference worth a damn with that amp.

You're playing on a jumped-up, excessively powerful solid state modelling amp. High output pickups of any kind are not good with that. Active pickups are not good with that. Hell medium output pickups are not good with that. The best use you could get out of it would be a passive, low-output singlecoil and the clean channel. Even then it'll still sound sub-par.

You want to sound metal? Get a naturally high-gain tube amp, and nearly any high-output passive pickup or keep those EMGs. Crank the amp fully.
Want to get really 'br00tal'? Stick a boost pedal in front of that.

thoughs are my plans for the future but all i can afford is this line 6 which im happy with for now
Quote by vulcan422
Quote by red157

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Quote by vulcan422

Well.....If you really want to play "Ta metalz" I'd suggest getting a new amp.Or if a new amp is out of the question,you could consider things like a pickups quality,characteristics,how it will work with your guitar,how it will work with your rig,and features instead of just buying something because it can play "ta metalz".You need to look at the bigger picture here,instead of just grabbing something labeled "Br00talz" and throwing it into your guitar.Be more specific about the tone you're looking for and I'm sure I can direct you to a good DiMarzio model.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pac_man0123
If you can afford new pickups you can afford a better amp.

+1

I would've typed this but my hands are covered in popcorn grease. Damn, I guess it doesn't matter now... ****, where's the Lysol...
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
+1

I would've typed this but my hands are covered in popcorn grease. Damn, I guess it doesn't matter now... ****, where's the Lysol...

But yeah,new amp before you think about upgrading pups.Putting new pickups in a guitar being played through a spider III would be like *Insert random analogy here*.

Quote by Pr0gNut

But yeah,new amp before you think about upgrading pups.Putting new pickups in a guitar being played through a spider III would be like *Insert random analogy here*.

Would be like typing on a keyboard with greasy popcorn fingers. You can still type and stuff, but it kind of makes it worse... slippin' and a slidin', typos, etc...

In other words, it would do nothing to your tone at all. Maybe a minimally positive increase in tone. MAYBE.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Would be like typing on a keyboard with greasy popcorn fingers. You can still type and stuff, but it kind of makes it worse... slippin' and a slidin', typos, etc...

In other words, it would do nothing to your tone at all. Maybe a minimally positive increase in tone. MAYBE.

It'd be like putting a fancy dress on a diseased tranny hooker.Yeah,the dress is nice,but there's still a diseased hooker lurking in the mix.

Quote by Pr0gNut

It'd be like putting a fancy dress on a diseased tranny hooker.Yeah,the dress is nice,but there's still a diseased hooker lurking in the mix.

And you know what I can guarantee? That diseased tranny hooker plays through a Spider III.

See where this is going TS? You just gotta ditch that amp.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
And you know what I can guarantee? That diseased tranny hooker plays through a Spider III.

See where this is going TS? You just gotta ditch that amp.

She probably does...God I hate that stupid hooker.The spider sucks out a guitars tone the same way she sucks out a..uhm..well you get my point.

Anyway,before this thread becomes a jumbled mess of insanity and hooker jokes I say we start suggesting new amps for TS that would be within a reasonable price range for him.

yeah they are awesome pickups....ive tried loads of them and am planning on putting a PAF and Super Dist in my splittail.....would sound totally amazing

thing with dimarzios is that you really gotta look around for the type of pup that suits your sound as theyre range is so versitile
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
IF you have a **** amp pickups don't matter.

Changing pickups only work if you go from ****ty stock to high quality (dimarzio/seymour dunca/ Emg etc.)

You already have Emg's so changing for similiar quality won't change much in sound if you don't have a good amp.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??