Ive been starting to teach guitar and i need some some songs that are easy to learn to teach beginners. Some songs ive already tought were sunshine of your love, and single string versions of other songs. Any suggestions?
Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple (not single string, but very fun and easy)
Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes

I also believe there was a thread that listed songs in order of difficulty...

Here it is!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by yellowsnow4free at Feb 10, 2009,
I think the timing of Seven Nation would be too hard for a beginner.

Iron Man
Black sabbath the song
Sweet Leaf
Paranoid
Dirty Deeds
TNT
Living After Midnight
Teen Spirt
NIB (sabbath)...actually kinda sounds like Sunshine of your Love
Cocaine (parents might not like that)
Surrender by Cheap Trick
Living Loving Maid (Led Zep)
AC/DC
Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers "Free Falling"
Some of Metallica's riffs are really easy.
I've recently been teaching a few kids, and I found that they learn better when it's music they like. So find out what kind of stuff they enjoy.
Teaching beginners songs without teaching them any of the specifics = bad.

Teaching beginners the basics so they aren't taking four seconds for a chord change after a year of playing = good.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I taught seven nation army and a few other songs listed.... the main kid im struggling with is only 8 and he has pretty small hands... hes having difficulty with power chords
Quote by rocktag
I taught seven nation army and a few other songs listed.... the main kid im struggling with is only 8 and he has pretty small hands... hes having difficulty with power chords

Buy him a 3/4 size guitar. Yes, I did tell you to buy a student who may drop out a guitar. Why? Because when he's unsure his parent's won't, and if you do it'll appeal to them, plus if he stays you'll quickly recoup what a 3/4 guitar costs. It's a gamble, but as the old saying goes, you have to spend money to make money.

Quote by necrosis1193
Buy him a 3/4 size guitar. Yes, I did tell you to buy a student who may drop out a guitar. Why? Because when he's unsure his parent's won't, and if you do it'll appeal to them, plus if he stays you'll quickly recoup what a 3/4 guitar costs. It's a gamble, but as the old saying goes, you have to spend money to make money.

He actually got a 3/4 acoustic about a week ago and he does seem to be getting better.... he started out with a "toy" guitar, then a full sized squire, and now this.
Quote by rocktag
He actually got a 3/4 acoustic about a week ago and he does seem to be getting better.... he started out with a "toy" guitar, then a full sized squire, and now this.

Excellent then. I'd say focus on acoustic for now until he grows or gets a 3/4 electric unless he really prefers electric, in which case try buying it for him or something else that slips my mind right now.