Hello everyone, im new to the site so sorry if im breakin any rules in this post.

So i went over to my local "Quality" guitar dealer on saturday. its the kinda place where a squier bullet would be listed for $500

i had just recieve a $280 check and i walked in fully expecting to come out with a sad excuse for an instrument.

Long story short, I asked the owner what a good guitar would be in the $250 range, and much to my suprise and elation he pointed at brand new Ibanez Rg5ex1!!! the only problem was that when you have the pickup selector all the way forward toward the neck its a little weaker than the other positions.

I bought it for a total of $269 repair included , and was a little suspicious because ive seen it on MF for $500. i took it to a buddy who works at a guitar store and he said it was in perfect condition and it didnt need to be set up at all.

I love this axe, and have easily put in 22 hours of play time.

ps. Anybody have a good idea for a name for it.
Attachments:
Photo-0025.jpg
Photo-0026.jpg
Photo-0027.jpg
PG > YWM

oh, btw... is it bad if your pee is red?

Quote by Deliriumbassist
in scotland they call carbonated drinks 'juice' so you would say a can of juice for example. But they call poop jobbies, so their take on things doesn't count.
Looks nice dude.

I just bought my guitar this weekend too!

See if you can get some bigger pics in there... looks great.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Name it "I'll eventually grow to hate the edge III"

But all kidding aside that's a good deal on a solid guitar my friend.Just be careful about the edge III since it's made of soft metal and can wear out pretty easily.The bridge aside,it's a nice guitar,and at that price I doubt you could find much better.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Looks nice dude I still need to name my RG
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Oh! I forgot about a name.

I'm thinking "Eleanor" because the guitar color reminds me of the Mustang from "Gone in 60 Seconds"

(Invalid img)

I dunno, just a thought...
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Eleanor is kool dude
Originally Posted by CaptainJack666
i can see why he likes elevators, theyre a truly uplifting experience

Join The NSW FTW Group
PM Lrn2shrd69, Greekmagician or dougie_mate to join.
lol i already have a tremsetter ordered, so im not eorried about the edge III. This axe beats the hell outta my Sg copy, and for 250 bucks who could ask for more .
PG > YWM

Quote by Deliriumbassist
in scotland they call carbonated drinks 'juice' so you would say a can of juice for example. But they call poop jobbies, so their take on things doesn't count.
Not to threadjack here but anyone want to name my guitar Ive had it for a year and it goes unnamed at this point.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by baumgartner
lol i already have a tremsetter ordered, so im not eorried about the edge III. This axe beats the hell outta my Sg copy, and for 250 bucks who could ask for more .

Ahh very nice,that takes a lot of the negatives away from the overall guitar then.If you're using a good amp already I'd suggest getting some upgrade pickups like DiMarzios or Duncans for it.If you're using a small solid state amp,then I'd suggest getting a new amp as your next rig upgrade.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

As far as the Edge 3, you could always just block off the trem and treat it as a hardtail.
To tell the truth, i like the stock pickups, they are kinda springy and punchy kinda like Hendrix's Little Wing or Pearl Jam's Yellow Ledbetter.
PG > YWM

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Last edited by baumgartner at Feb 10, 2009,
call it ''miss piggy"
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Great deal man! You gotta love when that happens.

Beauty of a guitar also.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Quote by yellowsnow4free

Ah, Eleanor... she makes me happy in my pants.

Name it that!