So after listening to a bit of Nevermore, being completely blown away by Jeff Loomis' solo album and wanting to play some of the 7 string Dream Theater songs, I've decided that I want to buy a 7 string guitar.

I mainly play stuff like Necrophagist, Behemoth, Dream Theater, Nevermore (where I can) Paul Gilbert and whatever else I think sounds good but those are the main things off the top of my head right now.

My budget is around $1500 AUD and I had a look at the Schecter C7 Hellraiser and the Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature Model, they both seem to be the same but one has Loomis' name slapped on it, is there any significant difference between the two?

I would prefer no Floyd Rose as 7 string guitars have alot of tension in the strings and so alot of the whammy tricks I usually do are pretty redundant, especially for the brutal metals. Anything but a floating trem would be fine since my 6 string already has a Floyd.

Recommendations?
IIRC the Loomis model only differs in that it has a different finish and a maple fretboard.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Quote by HIM%(^
stay away from shecter. you should go either esp or ibanez.

Nothing wrong with the Schecter, I feel like they're the best bang for your buck
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
personally, i find their guitars uncomftorable to play and they are fairly unversitile. I prefer my modded Ibanez but ive played a stephen carpenter esp 7 string and i REALLY liked the sound. it had a great bite on the low b and leads sounded pretty awesome.