i have a Marshall MG100HDFX Half Stack digital but i want to know if the Peavey Windsor tube half stack is any better!!!

help! i already have the marshall but i want to know if i should sell it and go for the peavey!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Be patient and save up more money,then sell the marshall and get something nice.The windsor is ok at best.It lacks a lot of versatility and the sound is poor IMO,I've played several with multiple guitars and couldn't find a tone I enjoyed.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

This isn't a question.

This is law.

Sell the Marshall and get the Peavey. You won't be sad.

Or a better tube amp.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by Pr0gNut
Be patient and save up more money,then sell the marshall and get something nice.The windsor is ok at best.It lacks a lot of versatility and the sound is poor IMO,I've played several with multiple guitars and couldn't find a tone I enjoyed.

if i save up what should i get? i dont wanna get a orange like everyone else. i love hardcore music but i also play chill stuff too. what should i save up for?
Quote by necrosis1193
This isn't a question.

This is law.

Sell the Marshall and get the Peavey. You won't be sad.

Or a better tube amp.

yeah cuz the marshall is my first halfstack and i just think its time for me to experiment but i dont wanna end up regretting my decision you know?
Quote by Markese
valve. all the way. i'd never go back.

is that a kind of peavey???
Quote by yeeitsangel
if i save up what should i get? i dont wanna get a orange like everyone else. i love hardcore music but i also play chill stuff too. what should i save up for?

My personal recommendation would be a Peavey JSX 212 combo or some other higher quality multi - channel tube combo.If you're looking for an amp then used is the way to go,unlike a guitar,nobody cares if an amp is dinged up since they are meant to be heard,not seen.I got my JSX for 900 in mint condition and I've seen them go for less.It'd be much better to hold off and get a high quality amp than to jump the gun so to speak and get something just because it's cheap and has tubes.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
My personal recommendation would be a Peavey JSX 212 combo or some other higher quality multi - channel tube combo.If you're looking for an amp then used is the way to go,unlike a guitar,nobody cares if an amp is dinged up since they are meant to be heard,not seen.I got my JSX for 900 in mint condition and I've seen them go for less.It'd be much better to hold off and get a high quality amp than to jump the gun so to speak and get something just because it's cheap and has tubes.

im looking for powerful sound but a half stack not a combo, i like them but i want something bigger
Last edited by yeeitsangel at Feb 10, 2009,
Quote by yeeitsangel
im looking for powerful sound but a half stack not a combo, i like them but i want something bigger

This may seem insulting,but do you actually know how loud a 100 watt tube amp is? From your posts I get the image that you're some young kid who wants a halfstack just for looks and doesn't consider other factors,which your current amp also indicates.

I realize this is your first day on the forum and all, but please don't double post. There's no need to put the same question in GG&A and than again in EG.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Please go away and use the search function. Stop looking at cheap half stacks to hide your small dick and buy a good tube combo.

Obivous troll is obvious.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Last edited by random_B-RAD at Feb 10, 2009,
Quote by random_B-RAD
Please go away and use the search function. Stop looking at cheap half stacks to hide your small dick and buy a good tube combo.

While it's vulgar,I agree with this statement.After reading your post in GG&A and seeing that after someone told you that the MG series sucks you responded with something like "Dude....you realize its a marshall right????" it's clear that you don't know anything and bought that amp because "ZOMG marshall halfstackz!!1!".Educate yourself on tube amps and the major brands before you buy the cheapest thing you can find with a 4x12 under it.

Yeah that was a horrible purchase. Why buy a halfstack solid state amp?

By the way, valve is just another term for tube amp.

Just get a tube combo as everyone else has said, it has more volume set on 1 than your bedroom can handle.
Quote by yeeitsangel
is that a kind of peavey???

valve is the european term for tube.

In anycase, you don't need 100watts, you don't need a halfstack. I've got a Marshall halfstack that I stupidly bought because I wanted a halfstack. Don't get me wrong, I love the amp, it's wonderful, it's just too big and too loud. I actually run it at 50watts, instead of the full 100watts and run it into the cabinet in stereo at 8 ohms, instead of mono at 4, into 2 speakers, instead of 4.

If you got a 30-50watt tube amp with 1 or 2 12" speakers, you'll be set man.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.