So I want opinions on my band, When Good Dogs Do Bad Things, but before I post a link i'll give some general info. Its pretty much a one man band. I was planning on adding members but I think I'll keep it the way it is now. I don't really care what genre you would call it but it's listed as Hardcore/Experimental/Ambient. I wrote all the songs on guitar but I don't have stuff to record so I do all the music electronically, which is a sound I believe I'll stick with. You can check out the music at:

www.myspace.com/Carnage2323 - older demos are posted
or
Just do a search for When Good Dogs Do Bad Things on Facebook to here newer stuff
I went an listened to your myspace and i dont like it. Then again, it's not my style of music. One thing i will say is though, if you want to get your name out there, you have to make it as easy as possible to find you. For example, asking someone to do a search on facebook, means opening up a seperate tab, loading face book, actually doing the search, and then finding the page. It's a lot of effort, and i didnt do it. I would suggest editing a link into the OP because the vast majority arent gonna go to the effort of searching themselves
are they guitar pro tabs being played??? I wouldn't stick with that electronic sounbd dude, might sound much better recorded on real instruments
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
it sounds fun at first but when the screaming abomination and lame drums start I'm not into it anymore.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by fwibble
are they guitar pro tabs being played??? I wouldn't stick with that electronic sounbd dude, might sound much better recorded on real instruments

Guitar pro sounds much ****tier than that, and I dont use it
Quote by FretboardToAsh
it sounds fun at first but when the screaming abomination and lame drums start I'm not into it anymore.

if you listened to the myspace stuff, then i agree. I got better quality stuff im just not done with it
Quote by jimmy_neutron
I went an listened to your myspace and i dont like it. Then again, it's not my style of music. One thing i will say is though, if you want to get your name out there, you have to make it as easy as possible to find you. For example, asking someone to do a search on facebook, means opening up a seperate tab, loading face book, actually doing the search, and then finding the page. It's a lot of effort, and i didnt do it. I would suggest editing a link into the OP because the vast majority arent gonna go to the effort of searching themselves

its not that complicated and when you search it, mypage is the only page that comes up. Douche'
its not that complicated and when you search it, mypage is the only page that comes up. Douche'

But we are all lazy and YOU are the one looking for feedback. You could just post your facebook link? Yes?

Based on your myspace its not that great. Real instruments would be better. How did you record your voice, but your unable to record instruments? Your vocals are pretty good (for the genre). You sound like you have some good riffs too, but in that "electronic" way they just suck. Guitars are not meant to be electronic. Oh, and change the band name. Its goofy.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by Ulalume
But we are all lazy and YOU are the one looking for feedback. You could just post your facebook link? Yes?

Based on your myspace its not that great. Real instruments would be better. How did you record your voice, but your unable to record instruments? Your vocals are pretty good (for the genre). You sound like you have some good riffs too, but in that "electronic" way they just suck. Guitars are not meant to be electronic. Oh, and change the band name. Its goofy.

I have a mic and adapter plug but I have to get a new guitar and amp cuz they're both broken. I posted a better song up on my myspace if you wanna listen called Shallow Graves. I'm still working on the mastering but it sound better than the other stuff. And its a better example of how the songs will be in the end. The band is named after a Dillinger Escape Plan song. I appreciate the ffedback and everything but I'm not changing the name.
you really need to work on your screams. The actual type writing high-low end mid scream over and over and over and over in the same exact style was torture... keep at it work on your vocal range use your vocal range and don't keep your scream timing the same through the song that's what made me not like it.

other than that i liked it. the electro up and down scales were cool. Wasn't not listenable but as another screamer i notice things about other screamers.
Singer/Songwriter/Guitarist/Bassit/Drummer/Screamer/Marocka Shaker/Flute Tamer/Bio Chemical Robot Lover/Holographic Charizard owner/ Industrial waste polutionier/Stoner
yea i've gotten better, i just recorded that to get the song timing down im working on recording vocals now
Quote by Jayce2323

I love how we're giving you feedback, but when somebody has something to say you don't like, they're a douche!

*sarcastic applause*

Seriously dude, whatever you used to record/program the music, just use it for composing then record all the instruments properly
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
Quote by fwibble
I love how we're giving you feedback, but when somebody has something to say you don't like, they're a douche!

*sarcastic applause*

Seriously dude, whatever you used to record/program the music, just use it for composing then record all the instruments properly

I called him a douche for pointing out something irrelevant to the question. or are you too stupid to realize that? I didnt say anything abouthis opinion of my music.
Quote by Jayce2323
I called him a douche for pointing out something irrelevant to the question. or are you too stupid to realize that? I didnt say anything abouthis opinion of my music.

Well whether you think I was stupid for pointing out you were being harsh for no reason is your own thing to deal with, just saying you could be a little less...rude?

Oh and on the point of stupidity, it's realise
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
Track 1
First impression:
I have this sneaking suspicion that if that had proper bass and drums and a good mix (and the vocals just a tad more audible ), it'd be pretty fucking intense.

As I reach the middle of the track:
Dynamics, use them.

By the end:
Cut it down. It was just too long and the synth sound starts to grate after so long.

Track 2
Same as for track 1 apart from it not needing shortening.
404: Sig not found.
Last edited by ChrisN at Feb 11, 2009,
Quote by fwibble
Well whether you think I was stupid for pointing out you were being harsh for no reason is your own thing to deal with, just saying you could be a little less...rude?

Oh and on the point of stupidity, it's realise

well you have a point, and it is realize not realise atleast in America it is
Quote by ChrisN
Track 1
First impression:
I have this sneaking suspicion that if that had proper bass and drums and a good mix (and the vocals just a tad more audible ), it'd be pretty fucking intense.

As I reach the middle of the track:
Dynamics, use them.

By the end:
Cut it down. It was just too long and the synth sound starts to grate after so long.

Track 2
Same as for track 1 apart from it not needing shortening.

The first track should really be disregarded but I appreciate the feedback...thats really old and I keep forgetting to remove it
Really didnt fit together man, it was like all these elements were fighting each other in the song, and not in a good, 'duel' way. In a bad way i'm afraid.

I'd recommend taking some of the elements out, and perhaps spanning them over several tracks. Otherwise find away to get them to compliment each other.

I guess thats a bit vague really. Sorry

EDIT: On a second listen, I guess i have to listen to the real thing (instruments) its hard making a judgement with those tracks being vst/midi.
Last edited by dstone16321 at Feb 12, 2009,
Quote by Jayce2323
The first track should really be disregarded but I appreciate the feedback...thats really old and I keep forgetting to remove it
Really? I thought the first one was the better of the two.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by Jayce2323
well you have a point, and it is realize not realise atleast in America it is

Well since it's the ENGLISH language I'd prefer to use the English spelling instead of a butchered American version of it
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
I disagree with all these guys. Although I hate this kind of stuff now and I believe music like this posioned the very fabric of who I am, I think you should you add guitar and synthesize everything else. I mean, ****, if you have guitars, it will sound like every other ****ty metal core band out there If you synthesize everything more, it will sound like ****, but weird **** (im thinking 12 o'clock girlfriend and Fear Before...). That said make a guitar play the solos and riffing. Check my sig for music made mostly not with guitars.
Quote by na10tbolt
I disagree with all these guys. Although I hate this kind of stuff now and I believe music like this posioned the very fabric of who I am, I think you should you add guitar and synthesize everything else. I mean, ****, if you have guitars, it will sound like every other ****ty metal core band out there If you synthesize everything more, it will sound like ****, but weird **** (im thinking 12 o'clock girlfriend and Fear Before...). That said make a guitar play the solos and riffing. Check my sig for music made mostly not with guitars.

Thanks dude, I was thinking the same thing myself. I think Im going to get a friend to do some of the guitsr work and keep everything else the same. The **** I posted is just old stuff i was trying to get a decent sound out of but if I take that idea into mind I may be able to achieve what I was going for.