Well, I've been wanting to 'Mod' my guitar for a while now, but I was just wondering if these things were possible or worth investing. So I have a few questions.

First of all, my guitar is an " 06 Epiphone Les Paul Custom", I bought it for $1000AU.

I was talking to my guitar teacher today about getting a Floyd rose on it what it would require and he told me I'd be much better off with a bigsby, he knows someone who is a very highly skilled guitar luthier, he told me that he could install a bigsby on it and correctly balance it. So...

- What are the pros and cons with bigsbys?

- Can you change the tuning of the guitar (say tune half a step down or more) without altering the setup of the bigsby?

Also, I've wondering is it possible at all to get parts cut away to have fret access like the Gibson Les Paul Axcess or would it not be possible cause of the design?

Thanks

P.S. I know I've already posted this in the electric guitar forum but I felt it would make more sense to be posted in here, if I'm breaking rules I will delete the thread in the other forum.
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
I once saw videos on youtube from a guy that had a floyd rose on an epiphone les paul custom.

How come your guitar is so expensive ? what a rip-off !
Quote by Woozye
I once saw videos on youtube from a guy that had a floyd rose on an epiphone les paul custom.

How come your guitar is so expensive ? what a rip-off !

It's AU don't forget, oh well, I bought it at a local music shop and it was $200 off what they had it at, I think it was worth it anyway, just about as good as the real thing.
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

The things you want to do to it aren't really worth it, i think a new guitar would be better.
Quote by McShredder
The things you want to do to it aren't really worth it, i think a new guitar would be better.

Why? The guitar is almost everything I want, tell me one I buy with the modifications I just mentioned cheaper than the actual cost of the modifications.
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

Quote by Dimster Ds
It's AU don't forget, oh well, I bought it at a local music shop and it was $200 off what they had it at, I think it was worth it anyway, just about as good as the real thing.

Whats your opinion on the guitar ? I've been thinking on getting one of these ..
Quote by Woozye
Whats your opinion on the guitar ? I've been thinking on getting one of these ..

Get it, you won't be disappointed, the only issue you might have is that it doesn't stay in tune or it has too much bass but the tone is huge and thick.
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu