Page 1 of 4
I always see bands that have heaps of potential that release 1 or 2 albums then vanish off the face off the face of the Earth.

The one that pops to mind for me is The Darkness. They actually started to be become popular with some of the singles on there second and last album, then after a quick tour they vanished.

If they actually started writing serious lyrics and the singer stopped using his voice as a gimmick they could have been awesome. Listen to "Love on The Rocks With No Ice" its got 3 solos and sum slick riffs.

Anyone else have a band that they liked vanish after a couple albums?
Thats because they split up due to band differences/ Justins cocaine habit.

Rumours that they might be getting back.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I havn't heard from The Vines that much... Just that they got pulled off of mainstream radio/tv ?

But then again i'm not really sure.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
lol they're not band but nearly every single winner on American/Australian Idol, or other music industry-wrecking shows.
They make one ****ty album that every skank and what-not loves, and they disappear of the face of the earth, for the good of all mankind.
Quote by G-loony
I havn't heard from The Vines that much... Just that they got pulled off of mainstream radio/tv ?

But then again i'm not really sure.

The Vines released a new album a few months ago and were supposed to play at the Big Day Out festivals but because of the singer's Asberger's syndrome they cancelled and have withdrawn a bit...
Quote by tyler_j
The Vines released a new album a few months ago and were supposed to play at the Big Day Out festivals but because of the singer's Asberger's syndrome they cancelled and have withdrawn a bit...

Okay thanks !, Well i thought he didn't suffer from it that bad but guess i wus wrong then
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
2yearsinb4 "The Who-nas Brothers"
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
Quote by G-loony
Okay thanks !, Well i thought he didn't suffer from it that bad but guess i wus wrong then

Riiiiide with meeee, riiiiiiide wiiith meeeee!

Both Fleetwood Mac and the Police are legends of rock and roll, everyone knows them.

Earth Crisis. Basically every 80's hair metal band, seems to be. Winger, for example.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Skid Row =P
Quote by Abunai X
Oh my God. I've only laughed out loud on this site about 4 tiems since I signed up.

You have just created a 5th.

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD

for that you get the tower of lulz, with which you can reach the lulgods
Quote by tyler_j
Riiiiide with meeee, riiiiiiide wiiith meeeee!

Oh god thats the freaking song that hooked me on to listening more of them :p
Get Free is also a great song.

Anyone seen their performance at some guys late-night show ? where he just goes nuts and wrecks the place and just screams and shouts and stuff ?
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Quote by szekelymihai
Fleetwood Mac, they were forgotten a bit to early. and so are the Police i think

Don't agree, also Peter Green went completely off the rails... So, it was bound to happen.

Nominate "Therapy?"
papa roach ,,,,i don't know what;s going on with them...
People keep asking us where Paul is. That's a really funny question. See, if Paul was still in the band then we wouldn't have a new fucking record. That's why Paul isn't in the band anymore. (by Maynard James Keenan)
Quote by Jackolas
Don't agree, also Peter Green went completely off the rails... So, it was bound to happen.

Nominate "Therapy?"

I agree with Therapy? Even though they released an album a year or so ago, and have another due soon.

After Babyteeth and Troublegum they just dropped off everyones consciousness.

And their drummer plays football at my local JJB.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
UFO...what an awesome band they were.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Alien Ant Farm, anyone?
Classic one-hit-wonders.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by metacarpi
I agree with Therapy? Even though they released an album a year or so ago, and have another due soon.

After Babyteeth and Troublegum they just dropped off everyones consciousness.

And their drummer plays football at my local JJB.

Woah, really? Which one? Get me an autograph!

They do have a cult following, but the last CD was a weird one. Production was unsuual, couldn't work out if they wanted it polished or raw. Hoping the new one out soonish is a goodun, you seen the artwork? Very basic! Maybe that's good.

Quote by vanshaya
UFO...what an awesome band they were.

Good band.
Quote by riti
papa roach ,,,,i don't know what;s going on with them...

New album coming soon...they're playing a new single on the radio called 'lifeline'
Wheatus
Dear diary.

Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender.

I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me.
Quote by amaranth_todd
lol they're not band but nearly every single winner on American/Australian Idol, or other music industry-wrecking shows.
They make one ****ty album that every skank and what-not loves, and they disappear of the face of the earth, for the good of all mankind.

not true. Carrie Underwood from American Idol (i believe season 5, but it may be 4) is still releasing songs. She's at least been nominated for a couple of grammies, and won the country music awards 2 years running i believe (at least once. there was an incident at one of them with the reaction of another person nominated)

And i believe that David Cook, the first true rock winner of american idol, is down the same path. He didn't win too long ago, and already has at least 2 hit singles and one album on the way if not already out.

Of course, u'r right about some: Rubin S. of i believe season 3 made one single...and that's it. You didnt hear about him for years, till they dragged him off the couch (with the help of the jaws of life, lol jk) to appear on the finale of season 7.

My point: American Idol, though you may concider it a waste of time, but in reality the idea is ingenious: a widespread annual talent scout where, after some cutting down on the people, the sponsoring country's (US, australia, canada, UK, etc.) populous chooses who THEY would want to hear the most. Call it a popularity contest, cause that's what it is, but the idea behind the popularity contest is pretty interesting and makes perfect sense when u think about it.
"its true that we dont know what weve got untill we loose it but its also true that we dont know what weve been missing until it arrives"
Quote by 3BlindMyceZeke
This is amazing advice. You sir, Mr.LeadGuitar, are the god of the Bandleading forum.

In Rhode Island? Join!
TS the Darkness didn't vanish, the band minus Justin are called Stone gods and brought out a wicked hard rock album, and Justin has a new band as well that I dunno what it's like called Hot leg
Queensrÿche, i know they still play, but they are not at all as big as in the late 80's and 90's.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by Muppet
Queensrÿche, i know they still play, but they are not at all as big as in the late 80's and 90's.

Which is a shame, because Queensryche are the sh*t.

I'm going to say InMe as well. They were quite successful in the UK earlier this decade. Then they kinda faded into obscurity after White Butterfly, but released a cracking album since then, and another on the way.
I wish Fall Out Boy would just dissapear and be forgotten about.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Wut about blink 182?
wut happenedz to those guyz?

But seriously, Anyone remember Box Car Racer?
Alien Ant Farm released a follow-up album that failed to chart. I'd guess they called it quits after that.
Quote by Hybrid_Xer0
Wut about blink 182?
wut happenedz to those guyz?

Getting back together and possibly making a new album. Actually.

Quote by Hybrid_Xer0
But seriously, Anyone remember Box Car Racer?

Yes, I have seen them breifly on my television set. Just breifly......oh forget it.

No, I don't remember them. At All....

Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by Benjibum
Wheatus

Yeah, this. Two singles then gone forever.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
Puddle of Mudd and Sum 41
Quote by Skrewdriver
I took a shit out my grandma's back garden and blamed it on the dog....

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Epic win for benjo48
Annihilator
...this is the last line of my post
Last edited by bound by metal at Feb 10, 2009,
Page 1 of 4