right first off high all! i am obsessed with metallica, i love all there albums, i decided for my a level product design course to build a guitar, i have cut out the body and there will be pics soon. i have also done the neck but not completely.

just a quick qestion, is a scarf just basically a mitre joint?

also how would i go about routing the pick up cavaties?

also any1 know where ya can either get cheap emgs (81 and 60) and cheap humbuckers that sound cool!
Quote by gooooog
also how would i go about routing the pick up cavaties?
Make a template, stick it to the wood and route it with a template follower bit (flush bearing at the top).

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Make a template, stick it to the wood and route it with a template follower bit (flush bearing at the top).

what do you mean?
make or buy a template (from stewmac) and then with a router and a ball bearing bit..

For the pickups, what music do you play.. Oh, metallica, EMG's sound good, try ebay and/ or craiglist
Quote by guitarcam123
make or buy a template (from stewmac) and then with a router and a ball bearing bit..

For the pickups, what music do you play.. Oh, metallica, EMG's sound good, try ebay and/ or craiglist

whats this craiglist you speak of my friend?
Quote by gooooog
whats this craiglist you speak of my friend?

Classifieds online. As for pickups I suggest Irongear Steam Hammer for the bridge and Hammer Head for the neck. Both hi gain pickups, and cheap too. I have a Steam Hammer for my RR project and I can't wait to stick it in. Just google Irongear and you can find clips on the site.

http://www.axetec.co.uk/axetec%20guitar%20parts%20spares%20pickups_075.htm

http://www.axetec.co.uk/axetec%20guitar%20parts%20spares%20pickups_031.htm