I'm not a big fan of the valveking at all. I think you could do better for that kind of money
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
What style of music do you play?
Whats your budget?

Do you REALLY need a halfstack? If so we'll be recommending combo's anyway.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
^+1 and agreed. 100w TUBE stacks are unneccesary and hurt you alot more than theyre worth. unless ur going for compensation then i say go for it XD
i have a modest rig which consists of guitar related stuff
Member of the Laney Cult
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

my band : Fragments.
besides, the VK cab sucks. If you're gonna get a VK get the 50 watt combo, or the head and a good cab.

EDIT:
Quote by Chrisiphone
What style of music do you play?
Whats your budget?

Do you REALLY need a halfstack? If so we'll be recommending combo's anyway.

Answer these. If you play metal there's better amps, if you play classic rock there's better amps, if you use cleans there's better amps (catch my drift).

The vk does everything okay, while other amps in that price range do certain styles amazing. Randall Rg50tc anyone? Peavey classic 30? Fender HRD?
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Last edited by danyellenik at Feb 10, 2009,
For thaty money, get the Traynor YCV50 Blue. It's a British-voiced, 50 watt all-tube combo. It sounds great, it isn't TOO loud, and it is versatile and reliable.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Kay, so if a VK you guys reccommend the lower combos. My price range is anything under 900$. I play a wide variety of music that goes from metal to softer rock and blues. I need an amp with good cleans, and still has bite. Preferably tube.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Quote by skaterkevin87
Kay, so if a VK you guys reccommend the lower combos. My price range is anything under 900$. I play a wide variety of music that goes from metal to softer rock and blues. I need an amp with good cleans, and still has bite. Preferably tube.

Like I said, look at the Traynor. It should be perfect for you. It's 50 watts, and it's under $900. More importantly, it's got great tone and versatility.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by philipp122
Like I said, look at the Traynor. It should be perfect for you. It's 50 watts, and it's under $900. More importantly, it's got great tone and versatility.

not great for metal.

get a used mesa mark IV. I think you can get them just under $1000?

If you want new, take a look at the randall rg50tc, you'll have money left over but it's a good little amp that does metal well.

If you play more classic styles than the randall won't be better, it's great for metal though.

(The mark IV does everything amazing)
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808