Hey guys,
I have been playing guitar for a few years now, just wondering if I could get some tips / help.

My equipment is:

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ENGL Screamer 50 Combo

I can throw my fingers around the fret board okay, I just really struggle to achieve “sweet notes” for example, please look at this dude, on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I1caahRLjo

at about 2:05 in this clip, he does this bend and the note really screams out, and sounds really cool.

I can impro this solo fairly well – I just cant get the bend to sound as announced, is it more settings amp vs technique? I know that this is a bend on B string 15th fret, I just cant get it to sound as “sweet” any pointers tips, amp settings??

Cheers
Quote by effected_50
at about 2:05 in this clip, he does this bend and the note really screams out, and sounds really cool...

In the video, he is just bending a step or two up and then picking. It's not a pinch by any means.

When you bend, DO NOT let any pressure off the string, if you do, you will loose sustain. Sustain is the note ringing out long after the string has been picked. Practice bends and you will soon have your axe ringing out like an angle .

Chris
wide, exaggerated vibrato is what you need to make a note or harmonic "scream".
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com