So I am borrowing my friends guitar since it's better than mine and she hasn't played it in two years. I changed the strings last night and was messing around for a bit and noticed that the 4th fret on the e string was dead. After fiddling around with it I realized I could get the note to come out if I pressed down where I normally would and then pressed the fret a bit. All of the other notes are fine, it's just this one. Is there any way to fix this?

It's an acoustic Ibanez, I believe the Sage SGT110VS but I'm not 100% sure. Any advice?
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
New fret or check action?
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Before you do anything drastic... make sure you re-hydrate the guitar with a humidifier.
Most people that don't use their acoustics for long periods forget to keep them humidified and that can loosen frets, twist necks, warp bodies, but more ofter and not it can be repaired over a week of slowly re-adding the moisture.

Here's a good video about how dramatic humidity problems can be, but how easy they are to fix over a week.

http://www.taylorguitars.com/see-hear/
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES