I've never seen one before his, does anyone know what kind it is/where i can get the specs or anything? Its the red one he brought with him on the Use Your Illusion Tour in '92
Guitars
Fender American Strat
Gibson SG

Amps & Effects

Fender Superchamp XD
Digitech RP-3
Boss SD-1
Quote by austinb0309
I've never seen one before his, does anyone know what kind it is/where i can get the specs or anything? Its the red one he brought with him on the Use Your Illusion Tour in '92

do you have any pictures of it? I can make one assumption about it: it's got a lil 59 in the bridge. He's listed as one of the artists that uses it according to Seymour Duncan.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
looks to be straight up custom. It's sporting a modern bridge and string tree with a deluxe style bound body. Those are definately single coils in that thing.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by Thomme
do you have any pictures of it? I can make one assumption about it: it's got a lil 59 in the bridge. He's listed as one of the artists that uses it according to Seymour Duncan.
He only started using the Lil 59 after GNR.

Anyhoo, it's an ESP Telecaster. It was just a standard model ESP used to make from the early 80's until the mid 90's. Made in Japan, most were made with ash bodies though later on ESP did make two runs of alder bodies and mahogany bodied versions. From the sound of it I've always believed Gilby's Illusion Tele to be alder or ash, most likely alder. Flame maple necks, rosewood fretboards. The pickups originally were generic ESP own-brand pickups though he might have changed them for a matched pair of Seymour Duncan Vintage 1954 STL/R-1 pickups. He was certainly using those pickups by the end of 1993 but it's unclear when exactly he started using them. He later (roughly early 1997) changed his Telecasters to have a Lil 59 model in the bridge instead.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.