I'v been looking around the last few months and looking at threads here etc.
Iv decided to get Cubase 4 and a line 6 toneport ux2,

Can anyone confirm that i would need to upgrade my pc sound with the toneport ux2 becuase its an interface and acts as a standalone sound card yea??

Also can i install cubase4 on both my laptop and desktop?
I heard something before that cubase doesnt let you do that something about licence.

Last question, when i D.I into toneport and record in cubase can i use the revalver plugin rather than software that comes with the toneport??

Thanks.
Last edited by dissonance88 at Feb 10, 2009,
No you do not need to upgrade the computer sound card and yes you can use the other plug ins. I am not sure about the license for Cubase 4.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
I'm pretty sure you've got to use the toneport software but I know that you can record into Cubase with it.

and as above you don't need to upgrade your soundcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Quote by Joycey
I'm pretty sure you've got to use the toneport software but I know that you can record into Cubase with it.

and as above you don't need to upgrade your soundcard

Well you could just use a clean channel from the Line 6 software if you have to. But then you can use the other plug ins in you DAW.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Thanks for the replys, that settles it im gona buy it all and hopefully cubase well let me set it up on both my systems.
Thanks.