Hey all
right now i have a Randall RX120D half stack and i run my esp, with active 81 emgs through boss's metalzone mt-2 i wanna get a nice rig going i play alot of hardcore and metal core any thoughts on some pedals and equipment i should get without replacing my amp?

i liek to play stuff liek BMTH, killswitch, parkway drive etc
Last edited by -x-ERic-x- at Feb 10, 2009,
i would think you should sell the MT-2, and look into the EHX metal muff.

also, how high is your budget? saying you sell the MT-2

edit: scratch that...i just looked up the amp. are you willing to sell that amp and get another?

also, do you play in a band/will soon in the future?
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Feb 10, 2009,
it got enought money lol i just kinda wanna complete my setup im not quite sure what i want yet to get that perfect tone
how much of abudget do you have?

I think the main thing would be to get rid of the metalzone. The randall isn't a tube amp so a tubescreamer would be pointless... maybe a compressor to get towards the smooth killswitch tone. A turd perhaps to get near the BMTH tone...
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
mo i dont wanna sell my amp lol thats too pricy for me i get a really tough sound out of it right now tho im thinking more along the line of pedals and whatnot
I think your best bet would be getting rid of everything except your guitar and finding a used 5150/6505, or something similar like a Randall RG50 but that's just my opinion. I've never found low end solid states to give a very nice high-gain tone and Boss metal pedals make me cry
ohai little sig.
Last edited by Demonikk at Feb 10, 2009,
alright, well if you dont want to get a better amp, and try to make up for it with pedals (which you never will)....

sell the MT-2, look into an EHX metal muff, and like fwibble stated, a good compressor (MXR super comp) will help tighten/smoothen things up a bit.

and a big +1 to Demonikk who said get a 5150/6505. you'll be surprised as to how much better you will sound.
Quote by -x-ERic-x-
Hey all
right now i have a Randall RX120D half stack and i run my esp, with active 81 emgs through boss's metalzone mt-2 i wanna get a nice rig going i play alot of hardcore and metal core any thoughts on some pedals and equipment i should get without replacing my amp?

i liek to play stuff liek BMTH, killswitch, parkway drive etc

eek. SS amp with actives and that pedal? sell the pedal first off. Nothing really gets you a metal sound other then the amp. You could maybe try a Metal Muff. But really, it won't sound that great
ive played with the amp quite a bit i get more of trash sound just form it but i like the bad ass heaviness and balls i get out of the pedal i dont really wanna change what i have i just wanna make it better, sry i should of worded my self better
Quote by -x-ERic-x-
ive played with the amp quite a bit i get more of trash sound just form it but i like the bad ass heaviness and balls i get out of the pedal i dont really wanna change what i have i just wanna make it better, sry i should of worded my self better

ok, here is the deal. not to be sarcastic/mean/critical.

go to guitar center, plug a guitar that is the exact same model as yours into a peavey 5150/6505, no pedals, and see if they will let you rip out a couple of riffs (saying the store is quite empty and nobody is in the vicinity). then, you'll know what "heaviness and balls" sounds like.

just sayin'

edit: does guitar center carry mesa's? i dont even know.