Recommend me some Fuzz Face type Fuzz. The Fuzz I have right now is a Swollen Pickle Fuzz and its a Muff type Fuzz. Budget around the $150 mark but I'll probably buy used off Ebay.

Even tho these arent Fuzz face clones I'm looking at get one of these too a Catalinbread V8, Death By Audio Fuzz War, Earthquaker Devices Hoof Fuzz, EarthQuaker Devices Tusk Fuzz(Really a Rat clone). I'm GASing so bad that I probably wont stop until I get 2-3 new pedals.
I wouldn't say the Tusk is a Rat clone. It's a bit hairier.

If I had the dough, I'd have all of those

Get a Maestro MFZ-1 clone or a Fuzztone copy.

I think they reissued the fuzztone a while ago, to. It was on Musicyo.com
V8 = the secks for tiny enclosure fuzzes.

eff it, i could name so many.

just go here: http://www.proguitarshop.com/index.php?CategoryID=10

edit: and if you want a sweet germanium fuzz......west chester music has a tech that builds an awesome fuzz. i could try and get you in contact with him about it. it has a bias, vol, gain, and contour....a boost kick switch for extra hairiness, and is about $150. i was playing around with one for a while, and almost got one.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Feb 10, 2009,
You'd be happy with all of those, but I don't think they'll really give you a great Fuzz Face type sound, if that's really what you're going for. Maybe an Analogman Sun Face? If I'm not mistaken, the one's without the "Sun Dial" are pretty close to your price range.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
zVex Fuzz Factory. Don't know how much they run for in the US though...
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by imgooley
I wouldn't say the Tusk is a Rat clone. It's a bit hairier.

If I had the dough, I'd have all of those

Get a Maestro MFZ-1 clone or a Fuzztone copy.

I think they reissued the fuzztone a while ago, to. It was on Musicyo.com

I love the sound of the Tusk! Your the Fuzz expert Goolz Pick me 2 to complement my Pickle. I play Black Keys-Sabbath-High on Fire. I'm looking for one that would clean up nice also but have lots of scruff.
Last edited by Titans36 at Feb 10, 2009,
I wouldn't say I'm teh fuzz expert, I just like fuzzes

The Swollen Pickle is a Muff style fuzz, so a Tonebender clone, like the BYOC Knob Bender would go well. A Fuzz Face clone would go well, too, though I'm not too keen on fuzz faces, as that's not really the fuzz sound I go for.

Then there's another good one, the Toadworks Mad Dog fuzz, which I like.

But in the end, I really want a Fuzz War You can never have too many fuzzes.
What everyone really wants is a Fuzz God 2.
But there are a lot of Fuzz Face and Tonebender clones on the market, all of which would suit you down to the ground. You could get a kit from GGG or BYOC, or if you're extra handy, just build one from a schematic. The fuzz face is a pretty simple circuit, and there are lots of variations, so that's always a good option.

Unfortunately, the names of all the production model clones escape me at the moment.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
I would love to build a pedal. I'm not very handy but if its cheap and easy its worth a try for me. Is there a cheap and easy build out there? If so how about some links!?
Fulltone '70 is a really nice silicon FF. The mids knob comes in pretty handy. Price is around $150.
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=130&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=45

A kit which is on offer at the moment (and quite cheap all the time anyway), and it's meant to be good. Although I've never played with one, most Fuzz Face replicas are pretty faithful, so you can't really go wrong with them.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Feb 11, 2009,
I Own an analogman sunface NKT and i wouldnt recommend it to you unless you want a vintage sounding fuzz ala Jimi Hendrix. Its a perfect perfect fuzz if your looking for a vintage sound. I guess you could check out the analogman peppermint fuzz.
Fuzzrite anyone?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
Fuzzrite anyone?

Win.
I learned about these cause I know someone who uses one for surf. Yeah, fuzz for surf, and it sounds sweet.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Mosrite Fuzzrites are invariably win, always.

So nasty
Aww, looks like Goolz has found true love.
Quote by chip46
Quote by Skierinanutshel
edit: and if you want a sweet germanium fuzz......west chester music has a tech that builds an awesome fuzz. i could try and get you in contact with him about it. it has a bias, vol, gain, and contour....a boost kick switch for extra hairiness, and is about $150. i was playing around with one for a while, and almost got one.

West Chester, PA? Is that store the one that's really close to the university, near a burger king or something? If it is I've been in there.

Someone awhile ago had a really great Maestro Fuzz clone they were selling for like 80 bucks, and it had an instant Black Keys sound and was really really great.. I'd suggest something like that, or one of the various BYOC Fuzz kits; they're suppose to be really easy and sound really great. Also keep in mind General Guitar Gadgets supposedly makes really great stuff.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
West Chester, PA? Is that store the one that's really close to the university, near a burger king or something? If it is I've been in there.

Someone awhile ago had a really great Maestro Fuzz clone they were selling for like 80 bucks, and it had an instant Black Keys sound and was really really great.. I'd suggest something like that, or one of the various BYOC Fuzz kits; they're suppose to be really easy and sound really great. Also keep in mind General Guitar Gadgets supposedly makes really great stuff.

yup. thats the store. a really nice store i might add too.
Ok I still need more Fuzz to look at as I still havent made up my mind. What I really want is a Fuzz that will do singing creamy velvet to ballsy scruff if that makes sense.Remember I already have a Way Huge Swollen Pickle Fuzz that I think mis like a Muff so I need one to complement. Help me decide and maybe include clips if possible.
So far some Fuzz I'm looking at are...
EarthQuaker Devices Hoof Fuzz, Tusk Fuzz
Catalinabread V8 Fuzz
Death By Audio Fuzz War
Devi Ever Anemia
Toad Works Mad Dog Fuzz
Quote by Titans36
...EarthQuaker Devices Tusk Fuzz(Really a Rat clone)...

Tusk is not a Rat clone, has nothing to do w/ it circuit-wise. I just compare it to the "rat sound" w/out the muddy harshness.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
yup. thats the store. a really nice store i might add too.

Sweet. It was a pretty cool store when I went; if I remember correctly they had a few Orange amps which made me quite happy, and a wide selection of guitars and Dobros and whatnot. How much do the Fuzz pedals cost and are there any clips out there?
Quote by AwesomeOwl
Tusk is not a Rat clone, has nothing to do w/ it circuit-wise. I just compare it to the "rat sound" w/out the muddy harshness.

Whatever it sounds like its got lots of coarse hair. So many choices... I want them all but I have to choose only 1 or 2...you guys have to help me I'll never decide for myself and I want to order it now.