I've tried Audacity, Tracktion, Reaper and such, but they all seem to have the same flaw. When i record (guitar and bass), little irregularities occur like clicks, and a few milliseconds of the track disappearing every now and then, ruining the whole thing. The only software that doesn't seem to have that flaw is the windows audio recorder, but that's no good for editing. Does anybody have a solution to this problem, or ideas? Is it my sound card?

Thanks
New track on soundcloud.com/ahlers or on my profile.
Feedback much appreciated.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Hi my name is Chen im 16 years old from Israel.
I love playing Guitar and writing if I have the time[...]

As of now I am banned because of racism against albinos
make sure ur not running any other software in the background, ie messenger. u want to have as much as the system focused on the recording as you can.
from what you described, it sounds like you have a clock sync error.
if thats what it is, then there's something out of sync in the timing of one or more of the parts of your recording equipment. what sort of interface are you using to get the signal from your guitar to your computer? can you write out exactly what equipment you're using?
Passive instrument output --> Jack/miniJack converter (stereo) --> miniJack stereo cable (male/male) --> sound card (microphone input)

EDIT:
I'm not sure what sound card I'm using, but i have an HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Last edited by Ahlers at Feb 10, 2009,
Quote by Ahlers
Passive instrument output --> Jack/miniJack converter (stereo) --> miniJack stereo cable (male/male) --> sound card (microphone input)

EDIT:
I'm not sure what sound card I'm using, but i have an HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop

Sounds like not having a proper sound card could be the problem. You will not get a good recording without an interface of some kind. That or your computer is very slow. What kind of specs does it have? Make sure you are not running other programs while recording.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
I solved my problem by going from 44100 Hz to 96000 Hz... its running perfectly now (except for Audacity, which still sucks )

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7