Ok. I'm 15 and I've been playing acoustic since forever. Now, my friends give me alot of **** just for playing acoustic so I'm moving on to electric just to shut them up. (And I've been craving to go electric for a while now.)

I'm not looking to spend a lot of money so do you think this is a good deal for me?

(I plan on playing Blink 182/Taking Back Sunday type music.)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-IJM21-Mikro-Electric-Guitar-Jumpstart-Pack-500152-i1425848.gc
yeah looks alright. havent played one but i think someone used one at my last rockschool and it didnt sound bad or anything
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
It's a short scale guitar..
I think you're better off with a full scale guitar
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Well you should really try a guitar out before you buy it, just to make sure you are comfortable with it (neck width, weight, etc.). You seem to have the right idea in terms of quality, you don't want something they sell at WalMart, but you also don't need to be picky in terms of tone. Worry more about that stuff when you know more about your playing style and go looking for your second or third electric.
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
Personally I'd go with a standard Ibanez GRG170DX (etc.) and buy a crappy amp seperate (is actually what i did when i started). In my experience these starter packs aren't good at all (my m8 has an Ibanez one and it sucks balls, like ridiculously). Don't know about micro Ibanez either, would look pretty small and weird on you if you were tall.
Last edited by James13v at Feb 10, 2009,
what is your budget, how much money can you spend? is it $200 or more?

Ibanez is always good but I think you like a full scale guitar better.

The micro is not a full size guitar it is 3/4 the size of regular guitar.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
Short scale means it has a shorter overall legnth, which is usually aimed for kids and extremely small people. Go for a full sized.

With your price range, Ibanez is a good brand to go with. If you want a starter pack, go ahead, but be sure you get a full sized guitar.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by Infamous3
I need an amp.

I've got an Ibanez Rg 350 Dx that I'm gonna fix up and sell for about $200-250. Maybe you could buy it and then get a cheap amp? If you're just starting out with electric, there's no need to jump off the bought and buy the best gear.
I'd go a Yamaha Pacifica for your first electric guitar. Extremely versatile, great playability. However if you're just doing it to impress your friends you can opt for something worse, with a brand name.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
You could look on craigslist and see if there are any deals. I see stuff all the time for cheap.
Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock Nj Series
Ibanez TBX150R 2x12 (Crap/Junk, don't buy one)
Original Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss CS-2
Boss FV500H Volume Pedal

I Hate Everyone
Yeah, the guitar is nice. But the amps in starter packs usually suck, but i guess it will do. Thats probably the best choice for you right now.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
i'd say for blink 182 maybe like a squier in a surf green color?and an orange crush 15r the arent expensive and are good
gear :epiphone g400 custom
squier bullet strat
orange crush 15r
boss ds-2
fame ml-30
red hill CDG-3 SEQ

beaners gonna kick you in the face
Wanna know what I think? I assume you do; you made a thread.

I think you should tell your friends to suck it. If you like acoustic, that's awesome. Seems here to me you were perfectly content with acoustic until they started giving you **** - I have no idea why they would, guitar is guitar...

Unless you really actually want to play electric, don't just be buying this guitar to shut them up. I bet you can whoop them in acoustic playing and finger-picking. So yeah, there's what I have to say.

Kudos if you actually want to learn electric, though.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the craving part in brackets. But still, nothing wrong with acoustic.
Quote by Infamous3
Ok. I'm 15 and I've been playing acoustic since forever. Now, my friends give me alot of **** just for playing acoustic so I'm moving on to electric just to shut them up. (And I've been craving to go electric for a while now.)

I'm not looking to spend a lot of money so do you think this is a good deal for me?

(I plan on playing Blink 182/Taking Back Sunday type music.)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-IJM21-Mikro-Electric-Guitar-Jumpstart-Pack-500152-i1425848.gc

If you buy that guitar your friends will give you even more **** (because it's not a full size guitar).

The acoustic is cool though. Learn to sing and play some cheesy ballads, chicks dig that stuff not distorted shredding wank.
Martin D-15
Gibson LP Std. Faded HB
Fender MIA HWY1 Strat, 3 color SB, RW fretboard
BOSS GT-10
Roland JC-120