Hey everyone!

I just bought a Strat and I'm thinking about buying some strap locks.

I was hoping to find some strap locks that don't require drilling/modifying my guitar (I'd like to keep the original hardware)

What should I get? I've seen some strap locks that look like plastic/rubber washers, but I dunno.

I found these:

Dunlop "Ergo" Lok Strap System

And these cheapies on ebay:

Guitar Strap Locks: 4 Locks for $4

Just looking for a solution...

Thanks!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by yellowsnow4free at Feb 10, 2009,
i get some proper metal ones, you trust that little peice of plastic to protect your guitar?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
i get some proper metal ones, you trust that little piece of plastic to protect your guitar?

Yeah, I'm a little skeptical, but I really don't want to modify the guitar.
Can I get metal ones that don't require drilling/changing the hardware?
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
i have schaller locks on my jazz bass, took the fender screws out, put the schaller ones in, theyre slightly thicker so they stay in nice and firm. they work perfectly
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I also found this:

Looks like a rubber washer that's been stretched around the sock strap hardware.

Looks more secure than the Dunlop ones to me.
Quote by yellowsnow4free
I also found this:

Looks like a rubber washer that's been stretched around the sock strap hardware.

Looks more secure than the Dunlop ones to me.

I use those, you can get them from beer bottles etc. They're just amazing and less expensive as strap locks. You also get "free" beer ;D
Quote by steven seagull
I hate to say it, but chances are the only thing good about that amp is the fact that the name looks a lot like the word "laser"...

Check out my band!
Quote by andios
I use those, you can get them from beer bottles etc. They're just amazing and less expensive as strap locks. You also get "free" beer ;D

Too bad I'm not old enough to drink

I'll probably grab some change and hit a hardware store.
Or maybe just check my garage...

I guess the diameter of the hole would need to be pretty small huh?
Those plastic dunlop ones are fine. I trust my guitar with em. Work great.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by yellowsnow4free
Yeah, I saw those, but do you have to do any drilling to install them?

Nope, take out the original screws that are on the strap buttons on your guitar, put the new buttons and screws in the original holes. Then u put the 'snapping' mechanism on your strap...fairly simple. Takes less than 5 minutes.
Quote by Handgrenade

I saw those too.
I just need to know the dimensions of the washers...
I prefer Schallers and I also use them. They have a safety feature the others dont offer in the fact they slip into a socket so even if you didnt click into place it will rest in the slot provided and not come out due to gravity. Also there isnt any accidental releases due to you having to literally pull up on the button and slide out. Versus the horror stories I have heard about the plan button release models out there.