Wow, what a man. My bass teacher gave me a CD a while ago with lots of good basslines, and it has one of Larry Graham's solos in 1997.
More specifically, this one, from about 1:20 to about 3:35. I never realised it was Larry Graham, always thought it sounded way too modern, like Flea or someone.
I was wanting to share this with others that hadn't heard it, but also to ask if anyone has a high quality version of it?
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
well the solo if from 1997 and a lot of fleas best stuff is from the early 90s so it's fair to assume that bass solo would sound modern like flea. although as Raul said, flea just copied Larry Graham and quite poorly at that
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
In fact we all copied him and alot of us better than flea.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
In fact we all copied him and alot of us better than flea.

sadly not me, my slap skills leave a hell of a lot to be desired
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0

Snap. Good news people, I've found a high quality version. Sound like it's recorded at a small venue, rather awesome hearing everyone go mental when he plays that ascending riff.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by skater dan0

I'm not as fast.
still sound pretty sweet though.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Larry is a bass god, no question. My current bass teacher came up through the East bay scene with Larry and he said the man has always been amazing. They used to watch him in the clubs and the next day all the bass players in the club scene would be out there practicing some new slap lick they copped from Larry.
Quote by anarkee
Larry is a bass god, no question. My current bass teacher came up through the East bay scene with Larry and he said the man has always been amazing. They used to watch him in the clubs and the next day all the bass players in the club scene would be out there practicing some new slap lick they copped from Larry.

damn the musician's music scene in my area was never that good. all we've ever done is go to gigs, laugh at the failed guitarist trying his bestest to be heard with his ibanez and behringer rig, get pissed and go home wondering why we paid to watch that rubbish.

granted there are a few exceptions but generally there's no licks to cop from my local scene
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle