Hey guys

I just got an electric guitar (my first, and it's crap) about a month and a half ago. Anyways, I've been practicing the most common chords and can strum a few songs.

I've uploaded an example of me playing the verse of Hallelujah to my profile. I'd appreciate any comments, particularly about my strumming and rythm since that's where i'm having the most problems right now.

Oh, and a quick question. Is it okay to upload covers of copyrighted music to the profile?

Thanks
Last edited by Outofband at Feb 10, 2009,
It seems like you're doing fine. You may wish to invest in a metronome or little drum device. It serves two purposes, one obviously to keep you in time.... but it also preps you for playing with a drummer....when I was first beginning, and those around me were beginners too, most of us couldn't play very well with a drummer because we were to used to setting our own internal Beats per Minute. I think if I'd had a metronome from the start, it would have been a lot easier to play with a drummer.
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
1 1/2 months? That is great for that little time. Congrats man. Killer!
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
OH... one other thing.... learn to play through mistakes without stopping or pausing... and a metronome can help with that as well. All musicians make mistakes at times, the difference for many is how well and how fast they recover from a glitch.
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES