I play metal/hardcore/prog/deathcore
EDIT: I bought the Peavey XXX head. Need some Ideas for new tubes for it, help me out?
Last edited by connor045 at Feb 10, 2009,
I'm not really a metal player but I'd say the XXX. The Bugera's do sound good, but they can be a bit unreliable, and I just prefer the sound of the XXx
in your original post... and i'm not sure you can after you posted the thread...
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
xxx
it wont ever die
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Even with all the QC problems, Bugera just sounds really good for the price. Tough call, I would go for the Bugera and save the dough...I mean its $400 less and you could easily have the 333 looked over by a tech and have any loose ends tied up for $100. That leaves you with $300 left. Idk...like I said tough call. I'm in love with the 6262...my buddy has one and it plays amazing for the price.
i heard the 333xl has a more modern sound than the xxx, and it sounded like this to me as well. opinions?
Well, I know that the 333XL is based on the Peavey, so it supposed to sound kinda the same.

But as said the Bugera is not as reliable as a Peavy.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
the 333 is based on the XXX but cheaper, and the XXX is my dream amp - XXX!!!

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
the 333 is based on the XXX but cheaper, and the XXX is my dream amp - XXX!!!

Yeah, what i don't want is a metallica sounding vintage distortion amp if you know what i mean though. and since when is the 333xl based on the peavey xxx? i heard it was more similar to the mesa recto if anything.
oops, i thought it was 333 sorry!

you might want to try them out in this case...

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by connor045
Yeah, what i don't want is a metallica sounding vintage distortion amp if you know what i mean though. and since when is the 333xl based on the peavey xxx? i heard it was more similar to the mesa recto if anything.

the 333xl is based on the peavey JSX, which is basically a modded XXX. i'd go for the XXX though, more of a raw, tight sound and better QC than the bugera.

then again, instead of looking for a XXX used, you could get the bugera 333 new.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Feb 10, 2009,
if you can buy the bugera............. i suggest looking for the XXX COMBO not the head...... and then switch the speakers and you are good to go......
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Used Triple X > bugera
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
if you can buy the bugera............. i suggest looking for the XXX COMBO not the head...... and then switch the speakers and you are good to go......

I'm looking into the peavey xxx more. got a great deal on craigslist for $500. Also i saw another good deal for a randall cab with vintage celestion 30's for around 500. Should I do it?
Last edited by connor045 at Feb 10, 2009,
Quote by connor045
I'm looking into the peavey xxx more. got a great deal on craigslist for $500. Also i saw another good deal for a randall cab with vintage celestion 30's for around 500. Should I do it?

DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!!!!!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Done. Getting it thursday

What tubes can i replace in this? I want to add some mesa tubes if possible.