I searched all day but couldnt find an answer here.
I am trying to play "Floods" solo by Pantera but my guitar is in standard tuning....

How do I tune my guitar one and a half steps? my tuner is only capable of standard tuning. Please help brothers and sisters.
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Tune the third fret of each string to your tuner (and make sure you go down, not up). You could also probably use an online tuner.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
put a capo on the 3ed fret and tune to standard,
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
You should get a chromatic tuner. They're good to have when tuning down.
or, if it's a solo, you can play every note 3 frets above
Quote by Woozye
or, if it's a solo, you can play every note 3 frets above

You mean three frets below
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Just play it in standard there is no need to tune down unless there are a ton of open strings which I doubt.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by gtdude114
You mean three frets below

yes, sory
If I were you, I'd stay in Standard for practice. Not to mention, the strings are more tense in standard, so if you can play it in standard, it'll be even easier in tune. It won't sound completely the same obviously, but as I'm guessing you're a beginner (?), you're risking breaking strings more, especially with higher gauges. Also, my guitar teacher always used to tell me how annoyed he was by students who asked to learn a song in the tuning.

But then again, one and a half steps is a big difference, as opposed to maybe half down, so go for it.
thanks for comments. i got 10 gauge strings. so would tuning down like i want to loosen the strings or make them tighter?
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
do you think its wise to buy an extra guitar (used) just to have for a certain tuning? whats the best gauge strings i should buy for the tuning in this thread 1.5 step down?
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best