1. At any given moment in time in any guitar store, there will always be a 16 year old kid sitting in the corner banging out sloppy Metallica riffs on an obscenely expensive guitar he can't afford.

2. Whenever you hear someone testing a guitar or amplifier in a guitar store, it will always be the same old tired worn-out standard rock guitar riffs everyone plays, or occasionally also some boring high-speed "shred" stuff. Nobody sounds unique or plays anything original. Nobody plays a complete song from beginning to end or even a complete solo.

Have any of you made similar observations?
Dude you dont need to play a complete song to test out an amps capabilites. I usually play some basic rock riffs on both my high and low strings to test how the amp handles both.

Number 1 is very true though I hear at least 1 kid doing that every time I go in, but at least hes playing real guitar not guitar hero.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
You're a judgmental ass hat who posts useless threads? Does that count?

hahah just kidding.I've noticed that nearly every guitar you pick up that's a floor model will be tuned to drop D or some other metal/drop tuning and most of the floor amps will be "br00tal'D" and have the gain pushed up all the way and the mids scooped out.At least that's what it's like in the stores around here.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

So what if everyone plays the same stuff in guitar stores? You're meant to be trying the kit out to see if you want to buy it, not showing off to the other customers!
Quote by Pr0gNut

Why play at 6 when you can play at 7?

Why play at 7 when you can play at 8?
Quote by Pr0gNut
You're a judgmental ass hat who posts useless threads? Does that count?

hahah just kidding.I've noticed that nearly every guitar you pick up that's a floor model will be tuned to drop D or some other metal/drop tuning and most of the floor amps will be "br00tal'D" and have the gain pushed up all the way and the mids scooped out.At least that's what it's like in the stores around here.

+1.

I've noticed that dumbasses ask me, "How do you play that?" a lot.

Like i'll start off with some Pentatonic wankery, and some dumbass will go, "Whoa, how did you do that?" To which i simply reply, "Leave, now."

And just for TS, i don't play anything original in guitar stores, because i know if i do, some asshat will either tell me i can't play because i'm playing my own style, or they'll try to copy it, and ruin my thing.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
The stores around here suck .

They're full of nooby beginner guitars that nobody has ever heard of. The only people who go in them are old men who have a certain 'passion' for collecting nooby guitars...

I think the only decent time i've been into a guitar shop was where this guy was playing some Vaughn, then some Jimi in the cornerr, and the whole shop was just watching him.. and he didn't even notice...
And then 15 minutes later he had an Acoustic and was playing Crystal Ann - Annihilator, and then some Andy Mckee!!
Legendary guy that... He played so soulful and everything.
then there is always the asshole who turns the amp up so damn loud you cant even think...and then he sucks at playing
Quote by flashmdg

Because I can't afford a quality 8 string and don't see the need for the 8th string at this point in time with my music

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Dear Lumiere Rouge

Son, maybe you should just realize that only a very small percentage of people are actually going to care about what you've just posted, along with the fact that many other people of your "Lets slag of the kids in the guitar shop who are having fun trying out some gear" breed have already posted painfully similar threads.

Yours Sincerely,
DJ Craigz0rz.

Edited for spelling.
Last edited by Craigz0rz at Feb 10, 2009,
dont u figure a lot of people play the same riffs cause thats the sound theyre lookin for? if youre loookin for a guns n roses sound are you gonna play jazz?
Also why would you play a full song? That'd make you sound like an even bigger ass...gotta give others their time to play a lick on full blast too
lastly, we've all been that kid tryin to bang out metallica thinkin we're cool...i remember thinkin i was cool cause i could play nirvana
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
as far as number #2, why would you have to play something "original" to test out a guitar or an amp?
Most people testing out something aren't going to put a whole lot of thought into what they're playing.
Quote by that1l)ude
as far as number #2, why would you have to play something "original" to test out a guitar or an amp?
Most people testing out something aren't going to put a whole lot of thought into what they're playing.

This

Or,they're playing something that they're used to so they can judge the sound of the gear they're trying out in comparison to what they're used to.If you know song A sounds like this through your normal rig but it sounds like this when played through this new gear then it makes it a lot easier to compare sounds.

Quote by zhilla
...not showing off to the other customers!

I get the feeling most of the guys I have seen in guitar stores testing an amplifier or guitar, somehow feel they are under a lot of pressure to be as impressive as possible, especially when others are standing close by and listening to them. I also never hear anyone play something nice and simple. It is almost as if sometimes they are competing to play something as fast or complicated as possible.
there's also always a teenage bassist playing blink 182 and green day bass parts and a mom and/or dad in their with their kid listening to why "this guitar" is better than "that guitar." Then there's the kid in the acoustic guitar section with his girlfriend playing mellow songs to her with open chords. And then there's also always the arrogant asshat that goes in and judges what everyone is doing.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
I don't play songs that everyone else plays, mainly because I usually play 7-strings \m/.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I have made some observations that people who make these kinds of topic suck.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
Really? What's wrong with it?

Your using size 3 font. GO AWAY!
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Last edited by random_B-RAD at Feb 10, 2009,
When I test stuff out I bring as much of my own gear as possible, I never turn the amps past 2, I play a few basic open and barre chords clean, a few powerchords dirty, do a quick little fill through the Major and Minor scales, and job done. Most of my 'testing' is done by looking over the whatever it is and just properly inspecting it anyway.

Something's a bit wrong with you if you need to sit there for an hour doing your best Yngwie impression just to tell if an amp sounds any good or put on a mini-concert to tell if a guitar has been made well.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by random_B-RAD

Your using size 3 font. GO AWAY!

I know, right.
Quote by flashmdg

Why play 8 when you can play 6?
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by RubberPuppiessu

Fail.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
Oh god, that's horrible.

yeah, I'm with him... as much as I absolutely love the Boss Metalzone pedal... that wasn't that awesome. I would much prefer to hear kids playing Iron Man... Smoke on the Water... Basket Case... Dualing Banjos... All The Small Things... well... you get the point.

Besides, I hear that everytime I'm in guitar center.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by MrFlibble
When I test stuff out I bring as much of my own gear as possible, I never turn the amps past 2, I play a few basic open and barre chords clean, a few powerchords dirty, do a quick little fill through the Major and Minor scales, and job done. Most of my 'testing' is done by looking over the whatever it is and just properly inspecting it anyway.

Something's a bit wrong with you if you need to sit there for an hour doing your best Yngwie impression just to tell if an amp sounds any good or put on a mini-concert to tell if a guitar has been made well.

Finally a sensible and intelligent response with proper reasoning, instead of the usual juvenile insults and comments heard so far.
Quote by p o e
+1.

I've noticed that dumbasses ask me, "How do you play that?" a lot.

Like i'll start off with some Pentatonic wankery, and some dumbass will go, "Whoa, how did you do that?" To which i simply reply, "Leave, now."

And just for TS, i don't play anything original in guitar stores, because i know if i do, some asshat will either tell me i can't play because i'm playing my own style, or they'll try to copy it, and ruin my thing.

Wow, you are a moron.

"I'm such a ****ing badass, I'm a dick to everyone who tries to compliment me, and if I ever played any of my own stuff in a guitar store, everyone would copy it, cause that's just how badass I am."
Quote by RubberPuppiessu

who plays 6 when you can play 4??

(i cant play 4 )

but most of the stores around my parts(that are close)dont really have hardly any amps.