Does anyone know any easy beginner songs/scales to practice so i ca work on my finger picking? Thanks much!!
I suppose if you take it slow this would be a good place to start as it is one of THE fingerstyle songs.

Dust in the wind

Tab
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
Alright cool thanks man! I'm gonna have to try that one out. Anyone else? Also if ya know one how about like a slow sad sounding one?
ya Dust in the Wind can be played from easy to very tough.

One you learn a pattern(s) you can pretty much finger style any songs you already know as well.

I like to fingerstyle Hendrix sometimes... it can sound kinda funky.
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
A few parts to More than a Feeling by Boston are fingerpicked. So is Dee by Randy Rhoads, but you may have to work at that one a bit
Quote by Flying Couch
"Blackbird" - The Beatles

Quote by Upland
Blackbird

Blackbird.
yeah, I'm trying to learn Dee but ... I really don't think it's a song that beginners should tackle. I'm a beginner myself and I'm kind of struggling with it.

My suggestion would be R.E.M's Everybody Hurt's. It's slow, its sad sounding it follows a solid chord sequence, the finger pattern isn't complicated at all and justinguitar.com has a really good lesson on how to play the song.
Dust in the Wind is easy to learn IMO....Travis picking, once you get it, is used throughout. Thrown in that ring finger though and I'm fumbling all over the place.
Wow... Dee by Randy Rhodes.. . hehe.. .I haven't heard or even thought off that song in 20 years. That used to be one of the holy grails amongst the guitar geeks in the neigborhood.
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
Easy: The Iron and Wine version of Such Great Heights
Harder: Landslide by Fleetwood Mac

Iron and Wine have some others, but Such Great Heights is fairly slow and pretty easy to pick out the pattern.
babe im gonna leave you now by led zepplin, its much easier than you would think, and there is some great tuition vids on u tube. try justin sandercore.